Deus Ex: Universe - The Engine That is Used

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
PC Gamer has an article with some more information on the engine that is used for the next Deus Ex installment, named Dawn.

"As you can imagine, the Dawn Engine will form the cornerstone for all Deus Ex Universe projects at Eidos-Montréal," Ramtohul writes. "Some of you have had concerns that 'Universe' meant 'MMO'. Rest assured, it does not.

"Deus Ex Universe is the name we are giving to the fictional world and the rich lore we are creating for it, which will of course include core games, as well as any other projects that will help bring the world of Deus Ex to life."
Thanks Trasher.

More information.

New engine (the pic looks awsome).
A game in works.
Won't be MMO and by the looks on that pic, won't be another The Fall.

Can't wait!

If they really want to make a big franchise I think they're going to end up running it into the ground. The fact that there was a iPad game doesn't bode well in the least.

Won't be a big franchise, sadly. If it was, they'd have titled it Final Deus Ex.

Won't be a big franchise, sadly. If it was, they'd have titled it Final Deus Ex.

In honesty for that Eidos Montreal would need to start having gigantic subsidized hundreds of men teams like Ubisoft and EA are doing there.

It just dawned on me that I should follow this :)

New engine (the pic looks awsome).
A game in works.
Won't be MMO and by the looks on that pic, won't be another The Fall.

Can't wait!

Not a new engine. It is a modified version of Glacier 2. They should call it the Yawn engine.

I want a deus ex movie. Hollywood, make it happen!

i don't.

Hollywood would just destroy deus ex. I'd rather see a tv series based on deus ex And it should be a HBO production :)

Most video games films suck because you cannot translate videogame into 2 hour timeline. Tv-series on the other hand works better.

They want to create a great Deus EX game, then get Warren Specter and Harvey Smith on the case, and avoid wasting money on new game engines.

Again, they are not. It is a not a new engine.

Back
Top Bottom