Worlds of Magic - A New X-Mas Sale

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Westlands Interactive Team sent out news you can now buy Worlds of Magic for 10% for the holidays. Here is the press release with all the information.

Worlds of Magic Christmas Sale is here. Help Santa and make yourself a perfect Christmas gift!

Worlds of Magic - a 4X turn-based strategy game from Wastelands Interactive is now 10% off only until January 2nd!

December 19th, Lodz, Poland- Christmas is all about making gifts and spreading the love. And there's no better gift for all strategy games' fans who still remember the classic Master of Magic, than it's spiritual successor - Worlds of Magic from Wastelands Interactive, now 10% off. Only until January 2nd!

Which means that now you can buy it for only 33,29 EUR! Make it quick though as this special Christmas Sale lasts only until January 2nd! You can buy the game available via Steam Early Access from the product page HERE or by visiting developer's store and getting the game directly from HERE.

Although being a completely new game from a design point of view, Worlds of Magic is a real treat for all true fans of the original Master of Magic, following the rules being an essence of the genre, allowing you to EXPLORE uniquely generated universes, EXPAND your empire by building armies, recruiting mercenaries, and founding or capturing cities, EXPLOIT resources and factions alike to increase your own power and finally EXTERMINATE your enemies using the tools of war, magical spells or diplomacy.

As a gamer you'll have a list of the following features in hand to achieve those goals:

• 8 playable races
  • 7 planes of existence in a procedurally generated universe maps of up to 256x128 tiles (per plane)
  • Over 10 terrain types
  • Almost 30 world resources to exploit
  • D20 battle combat mechanics
  • Units gain experience
  • Over 80 military units
  • Over 40 wandering and summon-able units
  • Over 40 world features to explore and conquer
  • 40 heroes and champions
  • Over 400 spells divided into 13 spell circles
  • Cast tactical, strategic, and global spells
  • Create powerful artifacts to equip your heroes with
  • Choose from 13 pre-made Sorcerer Lords or make your own
Still not convinced? Check out the gameplay video HERE.
More information.

What's the general feeling about this one ? I'm interested, but I'm not ready to make a blind purchase.

(I tried the demo, but it won't start after I've chosen my characters. I checked the dev's forums and someone posted about the same problem, but noone took the time to answer or suggest a solution.)

But... Isn't that game in beta phase currently?

Frontiers dev wrote "do not gift this game for xmas - as it's not finished"!

Yes, it's still in beta.

Maybe they need funds to complete the game ?
They already had two kickstarter campaigns to get funding. I have the game as I pledged on the first campaign, and it plays like an updated Masters of Magic.

I mean it as other games have claimed this before, but this game delivers.

Thanks for the comment, Couch.
No problem Gilliatt and also welcome to our site. A little late I know.:)

Anyway they seem to update the game on a regular basis nowadays. So for now I'm waiting for the developer to finish the game before I play it again.

Thanks for the welcome, Couch ! You're not late, I only registered last week. :)

I have a confession to make. I never played Master of Magic. I'm a total newbie in terms of strategy games. I only played the first Age of Empires and the first two Civilisations.

Master of Magic is on top of my strategy games to play, tough. Right after King's Bounty and Heroes of Might and Magic.

I am waiting for this game to be finished and than for a 50% steam sale :)
For anyone waiting as well get Endless Legend until then, the game is awesome. It also has quests and heroes and each faction is pretty different.

It is getting a lot better...I just don't have enough time to play:)

Back
Top Bottom