The Mandate - New Progress Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Perihelion Interactive posted a new update with a detailed progress report on were the development of The Mandate is at, and their plan for the future.

Today we are going to talk about our roadmap and progress update as well as the state of the project. Our aim is to shed more light on exactly where we are in development. We also have a new developer video which you can find at the bottom of this update.
More information.

Last edited:
I'll be the first comment again as I look forward to playing the game next year. I'm also glad they found a new investor to help with funding and distribution.
What is also important is that the guys understand both the type of game experience we are aiming for and also what we are NOT aiming for, e.g. on-the-rails free-2-play shooter with micro-transactions. Eurovideo sees the potential in The Mandate and wants to help us realize the game’s full potential.

So what are the implications of this deal?

• Eurovideo will invest to ensure the development of The Mandate
  • Perihelion Interactive will have full creative control. Full stop. We will execute the original game concept as we presented to you in the Kickstarter and will follow our vision without any intervention from Eurovideo
  • Eurovideo will handle all marketing, PR and distribution activities
  • Perihelion Interactive will interact with existing & new backers and release regular updates. There will be no changes here
  • Perihelion Interactive will retain full control over backer pledges
  • Eurovideo will handle all localization in cooperation with Perihelion Interactive
  • We can now guarantee that The Mandate will be localized into German, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian (other languages to be discussed)
  • Both the English and German versions will be voiced (other languages to be discussed)
  • The development team will grow due to this investment and as a result we can pack more content and more hours of fun into the game
  • The soundtrack will be 120 minutes instead of 60 minutes and the size of the orchestra will double
I always had a feeling the game would cost more to develop than what was earned.:)

Last edited:
Looking very slick. I like the art direction.

Thanks for sharing, potato man.

I backed this, I am looking forward too it...

I backed it because I got so excited by the notion of a space opera RPG that wasn't made by Bioware, I was willing to overlook the fact that they are implementing a RTS style combat system. Just hope it's pausable RTS at least, but I don't know if they've gone into any sort of detail on the combat yet.

I hope it's good. Have a feeling it's going to be delayed significantly beyond the ETA of March '15, but that's expected with KS projects. I'm going to guess 2016 release unless they do Steam Early Access sometime this year.

Well the new update says 2016 is the targeted release now.:)
Furthermore, we will differentiate in our timeline between the feature Alpha, feature Beta and Content Beta. Whereas the first two relate to the specific features of the game the latter is about the content (quests, factions, ships etc) which are made with our tools [remember the discussion above about our tool chain and object actor model].

Feature Alpha: Q3 2015 (early)
Feature Beta: Q3 2015 (late)
Content Beta: Q4 2015
Launch: Q1 2016

All backers at $75 or above will gain access to the Feature Alpha. All backers at $40 or above will gain access to the Feature Beta. All backers from $20 or above will gain access to the Content Beta.

The Content Beta will be updated several times towards Launch. Depending on the feedback from the Feature Alpha and Feature Beta it may be slightly more restricted in scope initially but over time we will release content updates and unlock features so that right before launch the Content Beta will be identical to the launch version of the game (but for example it may miss localization for certain languages which become available at launch).
The new funding will allow them to make the game the way it was meant to be.

I backed it because I got so excited by the notion of a space opera RPG that wasn't made by Bioware, I was willing to overlook the fact that they are implementing a RTS style combat system. Just hope it's pausable RTS at least, but I don't know if they've gone into any sort of detail on the combat yet.

I hope it's good. Have a feeling it's going to be delayed significantly beyond the ETA of March '15, but that's expected with KS projects. I'm going to guess 2016 release unless they do Steam Early Access sometime this year.

I think so too...alot of it is in the concept stage.

Have you checked out starpoint gemini 2?

Have you checked out starpoint gemini 2?
I just started playing Starpoint Gemini 2, and I'm about halfway done right now. It's a vast improvement over the first game, and is still being updated.

My next game to play will be X Rebirth with the recent Teladi Outpost expansion.

Back
Top Bottom