Kenshi - New Development Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lo-Fi Games posted new updates for Kenshi this week. So here is a recap for members who have no clue what the game is as it's been in Early development for years.

A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended sandbox gameplay features rather than a linear story. Be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a mercenary, a business owner, a doctor, a bandit... the list goes on. Research new equipment and craft new gear. Purchase and upgrade your own buildings to use as safe fortified havens when things go bad, or use them to start up a business. Aid or oppose the various factions in the world while striving for the strength and wealth necessary to simply survive in the harsh desert. Train your men up from puny victims to master warriors. Carry your wounded squad mates to safety and get them all home alive.
The first update is about the progress with a few random crashes.

At this point most of the random crashes have been fixed, except for the
main, most frequent one that is the main source of the instability in
the 0.70.x updates. (This is the crash that usually occurs randomly as a
result of moving around the map or loading new towns).
The second update is about the games female character models.

A couple of weeks back, Otto showed off some of the new female character models that he’s been working on.In the next couple of weeks, we hope to have a few extra humanoid models ready to show you all.
More information.

Has anyone played the updated version of the game yet?

As it seems like the developer is taking forever to finish the game. I remember this game being one of the first Early Access games on Steam almost two years ago.

A nice gem of a game with a ridiculously slow development. Id advice most to stay away from its current state but keep aneye on further updates.

You really have to be in for the long run on these early access games. I opted into to about a dozen and other then The Repopulation and Seven Days to Die, most of them are getting sporadically worked on. Or maybe they are worked on but they don't update with the latest build.
Whats really irritated me is before I buy , I check around to see if there has been recent updates. Then I purchase. Sadly enough, with most of them, that's when the updates stop.

As I recall, this was a one man development team, so that helps explain why it is taking so long. I don't know if he ended up hiring help or not, but early previews seem to be pretty positive. I tried this one out briefly,about a year and a half ago, and it was in a pretty raw state back then. It has some pretty cool ideas going on though, almost in a Mount and Blade sort of way.

You really have to be in for the long run on these early access games. I opted into to about a dozen and other then The Repopulation and Seven Days to Die, most of them are getting sporadically worked on. Or maybe they are worked on but they don't update with the latest build.
Whats really irritated me is before I buy , I check around to see if there has been recent updates. Then I purchase. Sadly enough, with most of them, that's when the updates stop.

So you are too blame! j/k

Yes, I can see this as well...this one in particular is long going.

Back
Top Bottom