SW:TOR - BioWare's Comment on Lag Issues

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamer Headlines has information about a problem with the new expansion Shadow of Revan. It seems it caused players to suffer lag issues, and here are the details.

Today, BioWare have finally commented on the lag issues which have been plaguing Star Wars The Old Republic for some players since the release of the Shadow of Revan expansion on December 9th.

Many players have been reporting frame rate issues, connection lag and significant ability delay on the official forums. One particular thread has received forty nine pages and counting of players reporting issues.

BioWare community manager Eric Musco has today commented on the issue via an official developer post on the Old Republic forums:

"Here is what I can tell you. We definitely have not forgotten about this and the team is still assessing what the cause is, and how we can begin to address it. What I am going to do is to work with the team to get a status update with as much detail as I can, by next Friday (although hopefully before then!)."
More information.

This is a problem for many since the new expansion came.

Here in europe, it appears as well, but I don't read reports of that that often. I have experienced an slight "ability delay" nevertheless (example : A long-range shot is going out 1-2 secongs after I had pressed the approprioate key on the keyboard, or the enemy NPCs being dead sooner than I had expected them to be).

This lag seems to be a problem particularly in PvP matches. However, since I don't play SWTOR PvP right now, I can't say.

Which leads me top another problem I have experienced in SWTOR recently : The state of PvP.

There is a certain bug in the so-called "Bolster" mechanic (the "Bolster" is meant to lift players of all kinds to an basic level in PvP, so that they can actually contribute) which calculates ship gear into the character's bolster calculation. This is the worst bug I've heard of in years, personally.

THe other issue in PvP is that the brackets have been reversed to some kind of pre-2.0 ? state. Level 30's are put into the same bracket as level 55's.
People often say "L2P", but on the other hand I often wonder what people are suppoosed to actually learn in the 1-4 seconds until their characters are dead ? Because the gap is so wide now, it becomes completely unfun in the bracket 30-55.
As soon as you are level 60 and have the appropriate PvP gear with "Competence" in it, this changes like night and day, someone wrote in the SWTOR forums, and I tend to believe him, from my own experience point.

The story part of the expansion is quite good, imho. It is Pirate-themed, which I like, personally. :)
I'm not completely through it, though.

P.S. : If you begin the expansion's story line with the "mission box" on the own class ship, then you are able to do the 3 pre-expansion FPs in "story mode", which is new, and that means that you don't need a group for it, because you are guarded by a droid which attacks the enemies for you.
In the expansion itself there are 1 or 2 similar "solo mode FPs" available as well.

However, you can do any of them in "story solo mode" only ONCE. After that, they become group FPs (usually 4 people, some older ones can be done with companions as well, especially if you are overlevelled and overgeared for them).

Back
Top Bottom