Wasteland 2 - A Great Way to End The Year

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Brian Fargo posted a new update for Wasteland 2 about 2014, and the games future.

As we end our Holiday break and wrap up this amazing year I wanted to again take the opportunity to thank you so much for making this all possible. I’ve been quite vocal that without crowdfunding, we would not have been able to make the kind of RPGs that we’ve been wanting to do and this is still the case. So many of our backers are developers themselves and we all have the common goal of making games that we are passionate about. And thankfully Wasteland 2 was well received and is considered a success story for crowdfunding. The pressure was intense and we loved every minute of it.

We capped this year off by hitting #1 on the Steam sales chart again during the winter sale and being awarded the 2014 Game of the Year Award by PC World. This along with other wonderful mentions like TotalBiscuit announcing Wasteland 2 as the "Best Thing to come out of Crowdfunding".

Much of this yearly update is focused on Wasteland 2 for obvious reasons but Torment is making great strides and visually looks spectacular. The writing style is on point and does an excellent job of capturing the otherworldly feel of Numenera and the spirit of Planescape: Torment. Every word is being carefully crafted by an incredible design team. We are applying lessons learned from Wasteland 2 to Torment and are happy with our progress.

As for Wasteland 2, we will continue to support it in a myriad of ways, in fact we just released our fifth major patch. We will continue to address bugs, improve localization, make balance passes and you can expect a few surprises in the future. We will always go above and beyond the call of duty to build your trust in our studio. We value goodwill greatly here at inXile.
More information.

I'm glad they will continue supporting Wasteland 2 with new fixes and content. I know this game gets criticized for bugs, but I did not have to many when I played the game.

Also the second half of the game was not broke as some members keep saying.

Second half was horribly broke if you finished it before the patches … Just look at the number of LA fixes in p4 and p5 alone…. Anyways I want to replay d:eek:s when the story fix comes out in a couple of months… Did they say if wasteland was profitable?

Last edited:
I played the game when it officially launched, and only ran into three major bugs. It's like the lottery with most games as not everyone will have the same problems.

As for profitable I don't know but in my own opinion I would say yes.:)

I have purchased this game on steam and will play after my DA:I play though,hopefully its as good as its reportedly is...

In all their reports I got a feeling it was profitable but didn't blow them away.
D:OS devs seem to sell more copies and overall happier with money they earned.

Yea; I guess esp given how the quests branch it is very easy for some people to have lots of bugs and others not so many but a lot of the bugs I ran into I noted as being 'fixed' (or listed as fixed in the patches). I just haven't bothered to replay. I figure if I wait long enough they will add a patch that improves (as in make more complex) combat. Then I might play again. I was using a tablet last night so my post got mangled (dang auto correct); but (unrelated) I really want to play D:OS again when they do the 'story' patch as I thought that was the weakest part of the game. I guess wasteland 2 story might have been better than D:OS (in a cohesive sense) but the presentation (how you are exposed to the story) didn't do much for me; as an example VC's story (even if it is chic) had a fantastic presentation (as did Dragon Age Origin; how many of you remember the cut scene(s) with Morigan's mother) ?
-
the thing is that it is sort of like why one person best game can be another's worse; what works for me probably doesn't work for you which is fine I guess (btw DA:I story so far is massively diluted by tons of (senseless??) lore - talk about a wordy game that sez almost nothing but at least I know where Sera, Cassandra and Solas stand on certain issues !!!).

I played the game when it officially launched, and only ran into three major bugs. It's like the lottery with most games as not everyone will have the same problems.

As for profitable I don't know but in my own opinion I would say yes.:)

Just got my signed special edition. Will wait for the next patch because I think they may be adding some new content.

I either just suck at turn based RPGs or this is a really hard game. I still love it though.

Well... sorry to say but this is not a hard game. :)

I just started my play through. Just finished high pool. it wasn't that hard so far, just everything seems to be in low supply. Especially sniper ammo.

BTW, isnt that unity engine GPU problem fixed yet. Seems I have it too, fans go pretty high and stay there. it's quite annoying.

BTW, isnt that unity engine GPU problem fixed yet. Seems I have it too, fans go pretty high and stay there. it's quite annoying.
According to Unity's website it's fixed in the latest version. So it would take an engine upgrade for Wasteland 2, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

I dunno, if you have the difficulty cranked up, those opponents can get off some amazing shots, so I can see it being difficult at the highest level. I've taken some fairly devastating shots myself, and boy, they can be ouchy. My surgeon definitely earns her hazard pay!

Back
Top Bottom