Elder Scrolls Online - Justice System @ MMO-Play

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Jeff Francis of MMO-play posted a new opinion article about why he is excited about the Justice System in The Elder Scrolls Online. So what about you guys do you agree?

Overall, I'm looking forward to the Elder Scrolls Online justice system because it adds another layer of depth to the online rpg. I love the mechanics of having a bounty on your head that you can pay off or choose to flee from, even though you'll be living on the lam. The fences where stolen goods are sold or laundered should provide some interesting roleplaying opportunities. Another good aspect of the justice system is that there are several stages to being wanted, ranging from not wanting to get too close to guards all the way up to fleeing for your very life. The new system will be strictly PvE when it launches, but the game plans on eventually adding PvP elements. I can think of a horde of players who are just itching to become bounty hunters when that happens. Just remember to look twice and crouch when you decide to do some mischief to ensure that nobody's watching you.
More information.

Pay $15 to play each month? NOPE. That is all.

The system sounds potentially great - but it all comes down to execution and player behavior.

It also serves as the first step in developing the structure necessary for the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines - which makes me even more excited about it.

It's a definite "wait and see" - because it's tremendously challenging to create interesting systems involving this level of player interaction - without them being watered down or outright broken.

But I love the concept, and I'll be right there testing it when it's released.

Some time ago, maybe a year or so, on this site, various considerations were taken on the prospect of TESO.
Looking at the way TESO could possibly sip into the offline franchise and the way it is approaches, the possible inclusion of theft, burglaries, bounties were examined as a means of investigating the impact of TESO on the future Elder Scrolls.
Things get confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom