New Mass Effect - Will Dwarf Previous Games

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gamingbolt has more information about the next Mass Effect based on more supposed insider knowledge. I wonder when the game will officially be announced by Bioware?

Trusted industry insider shinobi602 has taken to the NeoGAF forums to drop some information regarding Mass Effect 4. Though the ninja has been right in the past, take it all with a grain of salt as we are yet to have official confirmation from Bioware on anything.

He revealed that the development team’s staff number is said to have skyrocketed following the release of Dragon Age Inquisition. He also stated that the team comprised “50 or so” developers when Inquisition and now that number has since quadrupled. There is no release date set for the game, not even internally but shinobi602 is confident that the game will launch next year.

Talking about the development of the game, Mass Effect 4 entered full production around the completion of Inquisition. The game apparently dwarfs previous Mass Effect games and even Dragon Age Inquisition. Shinobi602 also alleged that the game’s title has already been finalized. As per usual, this is all just rumour and speculation so I advise you to draw your own conclusions.
More information.

Last edited:
Of course it will dwarf the previous games. It will take the same open world approach as DA:Inquisition did, for good or ill. BioWare already hinted at that with their praise for Skyrim.

As long as the main story content is on par with the previous Mass Effect games in terms of scope, I'll consider any additional and "meaningful" open world content a bonus.

The Frostbite engine has amazing potential when it comes to exploring planets with a MAKO type vehicle :)

I'm feeling quietly hopefull for this - if it turns out to be a good mix of the best parts of ME & ME2 then I will more than happy :0)

I'd be happy with something similar to ME1 or ME2. I guess, as the multiplayer aspect of ME3 was a big success, this will be in too, even if I don't really care for it.

As it was clear from the beginning that the ME series is at best RPG lite, I'm not really disappointed in this regard. The first two games did what they were supposed to do very well, so I just hope they manage to repeat that somehow.

Expect red/green/blue ending so you don't get disappointed if it's in and if it's not you get a pleasant surprise.

Expect red/green/blue ending so you don't get disappointed if it's in and if it's not you get a pleasant surprise.
Or they get adventurous and the ending choice gets pink/purple/rainbow.

I actually think the DAI open 'zone' system would work with ME, provided...

1) No re-spawns

2) No random guys standing around a conveniently-placed chest less than 100 meters from another event just like it, whom you killed and no one noticed. In the Mass Effect universe-- folks have radios.

3) No maze platform/ladder levels. The Forbidden Oasis was maddening in DAI...

4) Everything must be subject to being run over by the Mako.

Another story based shooter console game designed for the mindless masses with light RPG elements and dozens of mundane solo ez-mode MMORPG soloist activities? Eh...bleh.

I can't say I'm enthused to hear this. I thought the previous games were close to perfect in terms of length, and Bioware's modern games don't grab me enough to want to play them for 100+ hours.

An open world game on a galactic scale? I suppose they can take the KOTOR approach and create a bunch of explorable planet areas around the landing bases. But I wouldn't mind seeing them use an overland map approach similar to the SoZ game, with various explorable locations.

You know, I haven't played Inquisition yet - and I'm one of the apparent few who actually doesn't like that Bioware went to such a large scale. I really liked the more focused approach and story-driven nature of Bioware games from BG2 until Inquisition. Bigger isn't always better. I like me some big open worlds, but I already scratch that itch with The Elder Scrolls/Risen/Gothic/newer Fallouts, and now The Witcher 3.

Having said that…there has never been a massively open-world single-player sci-fi RPG. Part of what turns me off about Inquisition is that I'm not interested in exploring every corner of yet another fantasy world. Getting utterly lost in a large galaxy though? Pointing the Normandy in a random direction and spending hours exploring the frontiers of space? That would certainly make the open-world experience interesting for me again. So count me as cautiously intrigued!

It might work better with ME than DAI; esp if they improve the mouse/keyboard inteface and graphic bug that causes crashes. I think the combat in DA:I sucks but the mechanic would work better with ME3 type combat where fidelity is less important.

They can just plug in the DAI character generator, its an awesome tech accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom