Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Gobbet's Figure

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Another and another update for Shadowrun: Hong Kong. This time the developer gives everyone a first look at the Gobbet Collectible Figure. Its your's if you bought one.

c387d48c8c30fe859b56ce1cd0b32bb7_large.jpg

As promised yesterday, we're excited to show you a work-in-progress look at Gobbet's Collectible Miniature model. This untextured/unpainted 3D model was created by our own Maury Weiss, the artist responsible for most of the badass Golem Arcana figures we've released.

The great thing about showing you this work-in-progress is that you can clearly see all the love that Maury puts into the details. If you're interested in learning more about Maury's process, you can read about it here.

And remember, everyone who backs us at THE TALISMONGER reward level and above gets ALL 5 figures - Gobbet, Wu, Is0bel, Racter & Koschei, and Gaichu!
More information.

Next stretch goal (Gaichu's side mission) at $600k will be hit in a few hours minutes. :)

And I just saw this at the $55 tier:
* A set of Backer Exclusive in-game PLAYER CHARACTER PORTRAITS to choose from to customize your Shadowrunner. (Note that Backer Exclusive portraits will NEVER be sold as DLC.)
I don't like that. :(
Backer exclusive digital content is crap.

Last edited:
Well people complained there are no good tiers above 15$ unless you want figurines or bags so they need to put something.

@Morrandir

"Backer exclusive digital content is crap".

Just curious about why it is you feel this way? From my point of view, it's no different than paying a premium for a "collectors edition" of the game. Fifteen dollars gets you the new game, its soundtrack, and the soundtracks of the two prior games. Giving those who pay more than three times that amount exclusive cosmetic tchotchke, not that big of a deal. Actually... It's kind of lame.

Disclaimer, I pledged at the $55 dollar level, so yes I'll be getting these "exclusive portraits". Can't say they were a motivation, as I'd already planned to go in at $50 when they floated the "teaser" for this Kickstarter. Dragon Fall, or rather my enjoyment of it, was all the motivation that I needed.

There were at most... three or four portraits that I liked in the first two installments, so I don't expect to be blown away by these. It'd be great if they proved me wrong, but I'm not holding my breathe. Honestly, other than the game itself, the only miscellany they're offering that I'm interested in is the art book.

Now, if actual game content was placed behind an unreasonable pay wall, I'd be in complete agreement with you.

Backer exclusive game content is crap, but portraits are not game content. They are equal to what you can buy in games F2P games that are not P2W. I am OK with those being backer exclusive.

What I didn't like was WL2 giving backers game content as backer exclusive. Luckily you could easily give that to everyone as they didn't really lock it, only hidden it and only told backers where to find it (which of course ended up on internet on day 1).

"Backer exclusive digital content is crap".

Just curious about why it is you feel this way? From my point of view, it's no different than paying a premium for a "collectors edition" of the game. Fifteen dollars gets you the new game, its soundtrack, and the soundtracks of the two prior games.
I think that all of the content that has been developed for a game (including artwork, portraits, soundtrack etc.) should be sold with the full game. Doesn't matter if it's in a crowdfunding campaign or full release (with separate collectors editions).

I don't like it when a game is sold in a standard edition for a certain amount and some other tiny bits (portraits, armor, soundtrack, sidequest etc.) are sold for for a relative high amount.
To illustrate this: Let's say a game consists of 100 "content assets", where each asset costs an equal amopunt of resources for the devs. When the game is sold for $50, each asset costs the customer $0,50.
When you now pay $60 for a (digital only) collectors edition containing 102 assets, you pay $5 for each additional asset. That's imho not the way it should be.

Of course this is simplified, but I hope you understand what I want to say.

I don't really care that they will have backer exclusive portraits. It's not going to change the game one iota, and it's not clear that it will even function as a collectable "item".

Most likely the backer exclusive portraits will be unlocked with a code... which will find it's way across the internet soon enough so anyone who really wants them will be able to. Unfortunately they have to find ways to entice some people to pledge more so they can get something "special" and digital rewards are obviously cheaper to produce than physical.

Anyway I'm tempted to up my pledge to the Talismonger tier as I really want to support this KS as much as possible... But I'd most likely try to sell the figurines on eBay at some point, because really what the hell do I need with Shadowrun figurines?

Back
Top Bottom