Legends of Eisenwald - Patch 0.99 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aterdux Entertainment's next update for Legends of Eisenwald has information about a new patch for the game, and shares more details about the fixes & changes.

We are happy to tell you that only one large step remains until the game is released because Legends of Eisenwald receive a patch version 0.99. Below is the list of changes in the game. And like we did often recently, the bigger part of the changes concerns the closed beta test and we publish only things concerning the version available for everyone without spoilers:

• Added achievements. For now, only six related to the story, other ones will be added as they are ready;
  • Fixed the bug with “Feline mirror” when it was impossible to find it if you give the merchant the stones he requested;
  • The Hohenkiefer garrison is made stronger in the chapter Run Away;
  • Added the map marker in the note about Swallow Tower in the chapter Run Away;
  • Few landscape changes in the chapter Windfeld;
  • Wine adds now +2 will power as an additional effect, and strong wine adds now +5 to will power instead of the attack;
  • Garrisons of main fractions castles in Windfeld have been a bit reinforiced;
  • Fixed the bug with disappearing parts of the text in events;
  • Added notifications about captured own buildings;
  • Added taking in account alchemy when drinking healing potions in the global map mode;
  • Fixed spell “Magical illness” and “Transmutatio Rubigo”;
  • Added correct recalculation of the mounted units characteristics after defeating the only enemy next to them. Without it, when trying to apply spell, along with the standard effect “change” of their attack was displayed;
  • For baroness made correct result’s display of the talant “Aimed shot”;
  • For a spell “Magical shield” and bonus “Demonical defense” it was done that a response strike would go not only in the front but also in the back;
  • Fixed changing of HP for wounded characters when after taking off and equipping again the same thing the HP fell below 0;
  • Fixed disappearance of the shield when removing dual hand weapons. Now shield falls into the inventory.
More information.

Wine adds a bonus to Willpower? Hmm… that's news to me. :p
That was a request from the Russian closed beta players. And when people drink, they get a bit more, well, courageous while some other stats might drop :) Potions in combat are useful only in few cases and will power bonus or holy weapon are among a few things that would be really helpful dealing with undead if you don't have weapons or amulets for this.

Am I the only one that thinks it's odd the HP bar reflect a unit's damage before the combat animation? It's been like this for ages but now I think it's not because it was a beta.

It will be fixed! Of course it is odd. But there are way more odd things in animations still - units fall before they are hit etc. Working on all this.

Thanks for the replies Aterdux.:thumbsup:

I assume the game is almost ready as it's close to version 1.0 now?

Wine adds a bonus to Willpower?

I assume it has also negative effect. I wonder if all your soldiers + your hero can get drunk in tavern so you will have problem in next fight. :)

Couchpotato said:
Fixed spell “Magical illness”, “Transmutatio Rubigo”, spell “Magical shield”…

Are there many spells or not? I thought that the game was initially created as historical, with very very low fantasy elements…

BTW Could player build or upgrade some buildings on the map? Or are there some strategic-like quests like the need to gather enough supplies/gold for your castle, to get taxes from your subjects etc.? I didnt watch progression of the game recently.

That was a request from the Russian closed beta players. And when people drink, they get a bit more, well, courageous while some other stats might drop :) Potions in combat are useful only in few cases and will power bonus or holy weapon are among a few things that would be really helpful dealing with undead if you don't have weapons or amulets for this.

Probably should be a bonus vs. Fear then, I think. Willpower requires self-control.

Any other opinions on the combat from players out there?

I assume the game is almost ready as it's close to version 1.0 now?
Yes, it is fairly close. But we still don't want to rush out the release. We want to add last few missing things plus polish the content. We were burned in the past with English translation issues with Discord Times, and need to take a few measures now to make sure the issues will not repeat. There will be still a few more patches like 0.99x

I assume it has also negative effect. I wonder if all your soldiers + your hero can get drunk in tavern so you will have problem in next fight. :)
Not quite :) Wine gives will power but reduces initiative. Otherwise some units will get too strong with it. But the effect will last only until the end of the battle.

Are there many spells or not? I thought that the game was initially created as historical, with very very low fantasy elements…
There are quite a few spells but all within low fantasy - there are things people of medieval times believed in and they are in the game - witches can curse, priests can bless etc. No fireballs or Armageddon spells.

BTW Could player build or upgrade some buildings on the map? Or are there some strategic-like quests like the need to gather enough supplies/gold for your castle, to get taxes from your subjects etc.? I didnt watch progression of the game recently.
No upgrades. That was one of the stretch goals on Kickstarter that did not get met. We want to add it in the future though. There is a simlpe way and a bit more involved - we of course want a fun one but we will see.

As for gold, it remains simple gold management. We will change the balance though a little. Right now gold magically teleports to your army. Closed beta in Russian showed that too much gold is gathered. So, the gold will accumulate in castles and capturing enemy castles you will get their gold but if they capture yours, they will plunder it too. This way castles will become a bit more important.

Any other opinions on the combat from players out there?
There is a scenario that can be downloaded in Steam Workshop called Beer Tournament. It consists of 7 battles. It is possible to win but it is very tough because one needs to know how the combat really works. Everyone who beat it will not say our combat has not enough tactics or variety :)

Thanks for your replies, Aterdux.

There is a scenario that can be downloaded in Steam Workshop called Beer Tournament. It consists of 7 battles. It is possible to win but it is very tough because one needs to know how the combat really works. Everyone who beat it will not say our combat has not enough tactics or variety

I think there are few ppl here who will try it first. :)

There are quite a few spells but all within low fantasy - there are things people of medieval times believed in and they are in the game - witches can curse, priests can bless etc. No fireballs or Armageddon spells.

Ok. I was just curious if you eventually diminished this approach in order to have more spells for variety or other purpose.
So I assume player could meet some legendary creature too. :)
BTW did you put into LoE some detail from medieval times which is not commonly used in medieval games?

No upgrades. That was one of the stretch goals on Kickstarter that did not get met. We want to add it in the future though. There is a simlpe way and a bit more involved - we of course want a fun one but we will see.

It could be interesting feature that could also enhance quests. For example player would need to build something like windmill, get it to work and use products for some purpose. Or build and upgrade big monastery in order to achieve some kind of miracle - while enemy will try to hamper the process.

So, the gold will accumulate in castles and capturing enemy castles you will get their gold but if they capture yours, they will plunder it too. This way castles will become a bit more important.

I think its better solution.

I think there are few ppl here who will try it first. :)

I am afraid that those who will try it first will lose :) Or will complain it's impossible. It's not easy to figure out our combat by playing these tough battles but I am curious what will come out of it.

Ok. I was just curious if you eventually diminished this approach in order to have more spells for variety or other purpose.
So I assume player could meet some legendary creature too. :)
BTW did you put into LoE some detail from medieval times which is not commonly used in medieval games?
There will be some bosses or you might call them legendary creatures. And yes, magic does add variety both to the world and to the combat - otherwise it's just melee fighters and archers.

There are some details from medieval times that probably were not used in any other games but they are related to the story.

It could be interesting feature that could also enhance quests. For example player would need to build something like windmill, get it to work and use products for some purpose. Or build and upgrade big monastery in order to achieve some kind of miracle - while enemy will try to hamper the process.

I agree it would be fun like many other things however we will not do it now. To implement something like this will take at least another half a year of development which we can't afford. But as I said we are thinking about upgrading buildings and I hope we will be able to do this and some other fun stuff after the release.

And as for quests, you will see we don't have stupid ones like go get 5 peasants or witches killed. Most are fun :)

There will be some bosses or you might call them legendary creatures.

…who are going to wipe out your party. :)

And as for quests, you will see we don't have stupid ones like go get 5 peasants or witches killed. Most are fun :)

I believe you wouldnt be satisfied with stupid ones. :) Its good to hear especially when "MMO crap quest design" is putted into some SP RPGs too (unfortunately).

I agree it would be fun like many other things however we will not do it now. To implement something like this will take at least another half a year of development which we can't afford. But as I said we are thinking about upgrading buildings and I hope we will be able to do this and some other fun stuff after the release.

I see. So you have plans to first upgrade the game after release or do you already have some plans for a new project?

…who are going to wipe out your party. :)
No spoilers please :)

I believe you wouldnt be satisfied with stupid ones. :) Its good to hear especially when "MMO crap quest design" is putted into some SP RPGs too (unfortunately).
Yes, but I think they do it mostly it's expected of them and in MMO with no story - what else can you do? And we have tons of quests, some are "hidden" and the achievements are actually enhancing the game and inviting to explore it more. Just today I received an email saying - oh, I played the game already three times but never found that stash. That's what actually makes it more fun. We are limited only by how many icons we can make :)

I see. So you have plans to first upgrade the game after release or do you already have some plans for a new project?
First we will do porting I think to Linux and Mac. In parallel we need to make a scenario "Road to Iron Forest" that we promised during Kickstarter to backers.

As for the rest what we can do will depend how the release goes. I am rather optimistic at this point due to response of the Russian closed beta testers, which is very enthusiastic. My personal biggest wish is more realistic 2-stage sieges but that requires more man power and quite a bit of money. It was a stretch goal at Kickstarter that I am happy we didn't reach, as well as upgrading castles. Hope to do them but at a later point.

My personal biggest wish is more realistic 2-stage sieges but that requires more man power and quite a bit of money. It was a stretch goal at Kickstarter that I am happy we didn't reach, as well as upgrading castles. Hope to do them but at a later point.

Why are you happy you didn't reach those? Because that meant postponing the release more to get those features in?

Why are you happy you didn't reach those? Because that meant postponing the release more to get those features in?
Yes, it would be rather hard to do and it would mean postponing the release even more. I remember I read the interview of Banner Saga devs and they said basically the same thing - all the stretch goals really pushed the development time. And we are not an exception, thank God we reached only a few those goals.

Yes, it would be rather hard to do and it would mean postponing the release even more. I remember I read the interview of Banner Saga devs and they said basically the same thing - all the stretch goals really pushed the development time. And we are not an exception, thank God we reached only a few those goals.

:)

Are there any concrete plans yet to add those features in, or is that just a mere hope of yours at this point?

The game has been sitting in my Steam library for a while now, but I haven't tried my hand at it yet, since I don't play Early Access titles. I'm looking forward to giving it a spin though once you release 1.0.

Nope, these are not concrete plans yet, all subject to change :) It is more a hope, you are absolutely right.

The impact of the full story is stronger when you play it in a finished form, I agree with you. However, there are two other scenarios - Cursed Castle and Masquerade that don't relate to the main story. The first one is not really story driven and relatively large map, the second one is story driven on a smaller map. Both don't have pretty much anything to do with the main and could be played now :) But it will give away of course the combat mechanics and equipment/upgrade stuff.

Yes, but I think they do it mostly it's expected of them and in MMO with no story - what else can you do?

Yes, in MMO its probably hard to change usual customs but I was talking about SP RPGs which are somewhat influenced by it. But its not important.

My personal biggest wish is more realistic 2-stage sieges

Do you have at least a moat or tower or something like that in sieges now? I hope its not reskinned usual combat. :)

The impact of the full story is stronger when you play it in a finished form, I agree with you. However, there are two other scenarios - Cursed Castle and Masquerade that don't relate to the main story.

Can I ask you how did you created the story? What was your initial concept and how hard was to "cut" it into individual scenarios? Im not sure if this question appeared in recent RPGWatch interview but probably not.

Back
Top Bottom