The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Small News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is another small news roundup from today for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Up first I have a new YouTube video with more gameplay that was releasd today.

New Witcher: Wild Hunt gameplay video featuring segments from the game prologue and Skellige islands.
Next I have a new interview from PC Gamer with Level Designer Miles Tost.
PC Gamer: From your perspective, what needs to be done before you sell The Witcher 3?

Miles Tost, Level Designer: There are some small hiccups here and there that still need to be addressed to make for a thoroughly smooth experience. One of the bigger things we’re aware of is the horse, which is probably our main thing that we are working on. Actually, the cool thing about that is that this is one of the main complains of the people, and not, for example, the story. People are not saying, “Alright, the story sucks.” They’re saying the horse controls could be better, which, for us, that’s something that’s perfectly manageable to fix within the time that we have. Like, revamping the entire story or something? That would not be really possible.

Another thing is, of course, the performance hiccups you can see time to time. Those are basically—they’re no-brainers, essentially, right. They need to go. And that’s something we should also very well be able to deal with until launch.
And thanks to Thrasher I have another article from PC Gamer about DLC.
CD Projekt Red announced in November plans to release 16 pieces of DLC for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at no charge. Nothing too big—horse armor (seriously), alternate beards and hairstyles, that sort of thing—but according to co-founder and CEO Marcin Iwiński, enough to make a "statement" against the trend toward high-priced, low-content DLC.
More information.

There's something a little disturbing in the way Geralt runs in the first clip. It's like he's moving at warp speed across the ground; almost as fast as he is riding a horse.

He's sprinting, you can see the vigor bar go down when he run that fast.

OK, I am not looking at any more videos. I think it looks great. Although, I really wonder what more it has to offer above other open world games, except tits.

Steel AND silver sword!

The combat looks very similar to Witcher 2, yes?

Yup. It's apparently more refined. There are more animations so it looks more fluid, dodging can be either a step back or a dodge roll and responsiveness was improved according to previewers.

One article from last year that I've read made it sound like the group style, strong style and fast style might be back from the first game too, but it wasn't called that directly in the article and it might be a misunderstanding from the previewer.

He's sprinting, you can see the vigor bar go down when he run that fast.

Hyper fast sprinting with a flat footed stomping sound? Ah well… :S

I suppose they did that because it was for a video clip.

It'd be nice if the sound of the horse's hooves changed depending on the ground it's on. Every step sounds the same.

Must be late on Friday, I'm feeling extra nit picky today.

Back
Top Bottom