ICY - Development Diary #3

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It has been a while since the last Development Diary was posted for Frozen World, and thanks to daveyd I have I have the next update from the developer Inner Void.
After a couple of months of silence, here we are again with some updates on the development of Icy, the post-apocalyptic RPG that was previously named Frozen World. We didn’t spend the last months “building snowmen”, we worked on our game and we can finally start to show it to the world. And we will start with the dialogue system.
More information.

Didn't know before that the Zaharia guys are working on another game. Would be great if this game had success, so they can finally develop Zaharia.

I'm not crazy about the new name, but I can understand that it's really hard to come up a name for a new game, considering how many games are already in existence.

I think it's possible they wanted to change the name from "Frozen World" because it was too similar to "Frozen State"; to the point where people might confuse them or think they were the same game.

Sure, they probably could have come up with something more creative, but IIRC from previous development diaries, the game will involve a mystery as to why the world has become this way... It may be the result of nuclear winter, or the impact of a huge meteorite. Or perhaps a new ice age spurred by climate change. But they don't want to name it anything that might reveal the answer...

Anyway, the info about the dialogue tree looks really promising. Can't wait to read more.

I'm not crazy about the new name, but I can understand that it's really hard to come up a name for a new game, considering how many games are already in existence.

I think it's possible they wanted to change the name from "Frozen World" because it was too similar to "Frozen State"; to the point where people might confuse them or think they were the same game..

I remember a few other games using the name Frozen State/World also, but they were free RPGMaker games I played, and probably have no legal right to the name.

I agree that naming your game, or any other product is hard nowadays. Anyway I hope the developer will return to work on Zaharia in the future as it was a promising RPG.

Back
Top Bottom