Nuclear Union - Renamed Project 5

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
I hope they find another publisher, this is a game I was anticipating and interested in for a long time.

First of all thanks joxer for bringing this to our attention. I have been following news about Nuclear Union for a long time (I guess more than three years). The game had a unique setting - alternative history in Russia back in 60s. What I was hoping for was the very unique chance for gamers around the world to get "Russian realistic Fallout" game, but based on this nice video we can see that a lot has changed - we will get a shooter with futuristic weapons and Russian version of V.A.T.S. Will this game concept sell more copies than the original one? Maybe at the beginning. But the game is not going a cult status, meaning that after the initial release year or two years later the game will be simply forgotten and there will be no sales.
For me personally it's a shame that they changed the main concepts in this new Project 5, I reckon the Nuclear Union would have been much better game. I guess I will wait for Fallout 4 and in the meantime will jump back into New Vegas again...

Nice to hear about it!

And I agree with xep624... unfortunately this looks like a mere shooter. Perhaps they'll surprise us with the announcement of some RPG fatures.

I had this on my watch list for a long time, too. Bummed out when it was cancelled. I really hope they stick to the original concept. It looked like a fresh take on a post-apocalyptic game.

Well a little late but here we go.:biggrin:

One thing I do notice is you now choose your character instead of playing a middle-aged pilot. I also noticed the consolized combat, but the game does look good.

Still I wonder what else had to cut after the publisher stop funding the game?
I wonder if they could go the kickstart route ?
That's a good idea, but can you use kickstarter in Ukraine?

Back
Top Bottom