Risen 3: Titan Lords - Patch 1.2 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Deep Silver & Piranha Bytes quietly released a new patch this week for Risen 3. If it wasn't for a post from DArtagnan I would have never found out about the patch.

Changelog Risen 3 Patch 1.20

New Feature:

• New difficulty mode "Ultra". In Ultra mode the player is not invincible anymore while evading and there is a cooldown while using healing potions
Balancing:

• Balancing adjustments in final sea serpent fights
  • Exploit fix: Jaffar doesn't multiply the value of collected gold pouches anymore
Bugfixes:

• Fixed issue where the player got stuck while jumping after climbing a ladder
  • Fixed issue where the player was unable to find the shimmering pearl in collected shells for the "The Sign of the Ancients" quest
  • Fixed crash when Jaffar tries to collect an item which is currently under telekinesis by the player
  • New session: Fixed rarely occurring issue where corpses were removed from the world so that some quests couldn't be resolved (Honor the Dead, Lost in the forbidden valley,…)
  • New session: In some rare cases, there where issues with Zacharias teleport onto Skullisland. Zacharias will now be teleported correctly.
This patch is only meant for the DRM-free retail edition. The patch is cumulative, working for all earlier game versions. Owners of the Steam version should update the game via Steam. In some cases Avast Antivirus causes error messages, when starting the game the first time. Don't mind. Nevertheless the games works fine.
More information.

The game was nearly bugfree and I remember every single issue that was broken…
And they did the patch after all? They didn't leave the known bugs unpatched?

PB>Bethesda

Next PB game = instabuy.
Next Zenimax game = buy years after it's released, after 3rd party fixes, what they were supposed to do themselves instead of shoving fans off with a crappy MMO.

Given the harsh feedback for the last few games they've made, I imagine they're feeling a bit tired right now. I know I would.

More like a bit troll-ish ;)

As in: "I didn't like the game - so I must say something excessively negative about it, but I won't bother going into detail and explain myself, so as to represent a useful contribution."

R3 was fun. It had easier combat, so I could actually enjoy a PB game :D

http://nichegamer.net/2014/08/piranha-bytes-working-on-new-project-not-a-gothicrisen-sequel/
Strong rumors indicated that the only reason there was even a Risen 3 was due to Deep Silver demanding a trilogy and not letting Piranha Bytes out of contract until all three games were shipped.

It says rumors but I remember reading @ WorldOfRisen that it's confirmed that PB has 3 games contract with Deep Silver.

I bet RPGcodex forums. :evilgrin:
Wrong.

R3 was fun. It had easier combat, so I could actually enjoy a PB game :D
You're Angry Joe?
Oops, no, the combat in 3 was also too tough for him. :D
I can be wrong and I'll always admit if I was. Somehow, I don't see it happening this time. :D

PB>Bethesda

Sorry joxer…but you be talking crazy. I should try to be nice because my comments will probably only push you further into crazyland…but for your own good and sanity, I have to call you out and ask you to start thinking critically before posting laughable stuff on the internet. We can still be friends, though. ;)

We can't.
What's important to me is irrelevant to you and vice versa. Imagine how would that work. You can't understand what matters to me very much, how can you possibly be there for me when I'm in a need. And also, I would probably ignore your calls about something you're excited with. Where's the friendship?

Good acquaintances, yes, friends, not really. Best friends for life? Not on this planet. :)

One thing is sure, you don't need glasses.

Um…ok. That contradicts your original statement about a Risen 4.

It's not. PB doesn't want to make another Risen game but Deep Silver do.
Contract is contract, this is why you don't go to bed with a publisher when you don't have the upper hand (see Human Head Studios case).

Back
Top Bottom