Underworld Ascendant - Interview @ RPS

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Adam Smith of RPS interviewed Paul Neurath about Underworld Ascendant.

Underworld Ascendant has some big shoes to fill. Big shoes of Nostalgia +8. As a continuation of the Ultima Underworld series, with a team led by Looking Glass veteran Paul Neurath, Ascendant is picking up where the immersive first-person RPG left off a couple of decades ago. The game is currently well on its way to a $600,000 Kickstarter target and I spoke to Neurath about the project, and how it’s possible to move forward while looking to the past.

“This isn’t Looking Glass 2.0,” he says, even though Looking Glass 2.0 seems like a hell of a good thing to be. “We’re not just looking back and trying to recreate something from the past. We’re hoping to be part of the future.”
More information.

A bit off topic, but I'm concerned the contributions have slowed so much. I really want this kickstarter to launch!

I'm hoping some money loaded studs might show up the last week or so. I've gotten over a dozen people to kick in to this one so far, and I ain't done yet.

A bit off topic, but I'm concerned the contributions have slowed so much. I really want this kickstarter to launch!

Agreed, yes. I really hope they make it, even if the 1Mil Goal seems pretty unreachable now (would have loved to see the Mod-Kit, no game should be without one *g*).

Kickstarters usually pull in the bulk of their money in the first week and the last week. The period in the middle drops off severely. If this one follows the usual trend and pops at the end I'd guess they'll wind up hitting about $750k.

I wish they were doing better, though. I really don't want this to turn into a nail-biter.

There has been some concern expressed about whether they will be able to pull off a game of this scope at the current budget.

I'm on the fence about this one, but if it look like it will be a close call I'll pledge for you guys. ;)

Back
Top Bottom