Hand of Fate - Mini-Review Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I managed to find three new reviews this week for Hand of Fate.

Game Informer - 8.75/10

In Hand of Fate, you use a constantly growing deck of cards to form the very dungeons that you move through. You challenge increasingly difficult bosses, and seek to defeat the ominous dealer. Although Hand of Fate hinges on cards, it’s not a card game; it’s a roguelike action/RPG, and a surprisingly fun and original experience that comes together admirably.
Dual Pixels - 85/100

Hand of Fate is a genre mash-up that tends to deal a hand that generally rewards the player with an exciting, risk-vs-reward tabletop RPG mechanic and solid Arkham-esque combat, but taking a seat at the table does come with some graphical and technical imperfections. The tabletop roleplaying game aesthetic is a nice hook that adds an exciting mechanic to the RPG formula. Sans the graphical imperfections, Hand of Fate is a solid title dealing exciting gameplay and a spectacular translation of tabletop gaming to the on screen gaming world.
Worldsfactory - No Score

Hands of Fate has a beautiful air of mystery around it, forcing you to explore, experiment and discover in order to learn. An early card might allow you to quickly and cheaply acquire a shield, while cards such as ‘River’ could be anything until you find out for yourself. You’ll have to try different combinations of cards with each progressing level, whiile also adding more cards to your deck.
More information.

Nice game idea to combine a deck card game with action combat - pure fun!

I've only played an hour, but I'm loving this game. Wonderful presentation and a very nice attempt at the dungeon master approach. The combat might be action based, but I'm having no problem with it (with a controller). In some ways, I think it helps with combat attrition from a resource management perspective.

Loving it so far, having played through half of the story mode and then some. Neat little game for sure.

I love this game!

gfs_97344_2_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom