DA:Inquisition - 8 Things It Could Do Better

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GamesRadar calls DA: Inquisition a good game, but thinks it can do some things better. So they published a new list this week with 8 things the game could improve on.

Ah, Dragon Age. You came and conquered, with your dragon slaying, templar defiling, open-world, giant nug-riding immensity. So why, after 100 hours of my lazing-on-the-sofa-doing-nothing devotion, ending my journey in the deadly peaks of Emprise du Lion with ruins to spare, do I feel a little less than loved? Don’t panic, I still worship you, but that’s not going to stop me from dissecting you. Sorry!

Because, in spite of our admiration for Varric’s chest hair and Iron Bull’s mighty breasts, in the end, BioWare could still do something to improve you. Or eight somethings, actually. So here are the improvements I dare to suggest, nestled within the heart of Dragon Age: Inquisition’s crucial RPG components. Beware, mild spoilers ahead!
More information.

1. Combat
2. Combat
3. and so on

It plays like a MMORPG in days where we have games the likes of Dark Souls II. Not good enough! Still haven't played more than 2 hours. :(

*EDIT* just realised that was a list of things it could do better, and I agree :)

It could also do a lot better when it comes to inventory managment and crafting. I would also have enjoyed a less errand-boy quest-structure, with more emphasis on making sidequests interesting and rewarding.

Good list, but in fact combat is missing. But the list isn't labeld "all things that DA:I could do better", so it's okay. ;)

And to me it seems rediculous to say something is GOTY then make a list what could be better.

That's not a contradiction unless you claim a GOTY has to be perfect. ;)

That's not a contradiction unless you claim a GOTY has to be perfect. ;)
It has to be as in 2014. it wasn't the only RPG out there, most of them definetly didn't have bears and a few were, at least IMO, better than DA3.

Well I agree with three of the listed improvements.

1. It needed more Skyhold customization options.
2. All Fetch quests should be removed.
3. No more Shards get rid of them all your not Assassin Creed.

1. Skyhold customization is irrelevant and doesn't need to be improved - what's needed is keep customizations that was promised before the game got released but was cut out.

2. None of fetch quests should be removed. Those are proof if you want GOTY awards - add as many as possible in your game.

3. More shards needed. Just not with pixelhunting schemes, even adventures genre abandoned pixelhunting. If something has to be improved there, it's utilizing them with a proper puzzle in a classic sense instead of automatic open tomb door after you gather a few.

It has to be as in 2014. it wasn't the only RPG out there, most of them definetly didn't have bears and a few were, at least IMO, better than DA3.
No RPG has ever been perfect, not in 2014 and not before. ;)

But it was.
Of course, what's perfect for me doesn't have to be perfect for others. For example, I couldn't care less for arcadey combat and RPG that doesn't have it inside can still be perfect in my case.

What RPG can do generally is being nearperfect. That would mean it contains absolutely nothing that's utterly annoying or boring.

IMO DA3 fails in that department with several design choices. Said IMO, as gaming sites crowned it as GOTY. And while I can number each annoying thing, one by one, and say the game would be better if those were different, improved or removed, DA3 is not even in my top3 RPGs of 2014.

Why a site that kisses EA's butt now suggests changes is beyond my understanding. I'd understand if they talked how to improve some average RPG like Bound by Flame.

They could get rid of their worhtless pr guy and hire a straight shooter. They could also fix the direct3d bugs (crashes; I could care less about a few grphical glitches); tactical camera and funky drm that makes the game crawl at times (mostly load issues). The maps I thought were pretty good and the presentation was good; the story was a bit weak since it felt like 1 hour out of a 80 hour game. Really they need to fire their pr fellow he's full of crap. Wow a major accomplishment was to add a run toggle key that is the most cumbersome illogical implementation i've ever seen. What a moron.

They could also fix the direct3d bugs (crashes; I could care less about a few grphical glitches)
This.
No matter how big graphical whore I can be, I don't care if textures are somewhere done badly, if the screen flickers here and there or if mob models are not really "standard" homo sapiens.

But Bioware decided that DX crash is not important at all and didn't bother to fix it in 3 months. And hell it's more annoying than those goddamned bears!

How to make a GOTY? Easily.
Make sure it crashes somewhere and do not fix it.

Anachronox.

Never played it (should I?), and I was referring to 2014 actually.

Dunno if you should. It's graphics with low polygons is today… Very ugly. :)

In 2014.?
I didn't say there was a perfect game or RPG in 2014. But there were nearperfect RPGs that deserved GOTY award more than DA3. Again IMO, as "critics" decided grinder/cutscenecrasher/wasd_tactics is the best overall game design.

Well Divinity: OS and WL2 got GotY on respectable sites. DOn't care what corporate idiots give their GotY rewards.

Back
Top Bottom