ICY - Indiegogo Campaign Launched

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Nathan Piperno the Writer and game designer of Inner Void Interactive notified me he has launched a new Indiegogo Campaign for his new RPG game ICY asking for $2,500.

Icy is an RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world witnessing a new Ice Age. The player will create his/her own character and live an adventure across the White Wasteland, struggling each day to survive, without losing hope to find a better place where to thrive. Icy mixes role-play and survival dynamics, allowing the player to lead a nomad family in their fight for survival, and to take care of all the responsibilities a leader has, such as keeping the group together and planning how to face a hostile world.
Don't forget he was the man behind the RPG game from last year called Zaharia.

More information.

Everyone here should back this. Why? For a measly $5 you get the game. Even if it totally sucks, and it looks like it doesn't, this guy has been here answering our questions and giving us previews for over a month. This is what RPGWatch is all about. OwnNation deserves the cost of a McDonald's value meal just for the effort he's put forth at our site, so go back it already. BTW, they don't get a dime unless the game reaches it's very meagre goal.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/icy-a-post-apocalyptic-rpg

Okay I put my $20 into the pot.

Last edited:
Yep. :)

Yeah, I've read all of Inner Void's developer diaries and they seem to be in total agreement with me as to what makes for a great RPG (e.g., emphasis on choice & consequence). It's also a relatively new take on the post-apocalyptic setting . I think there's a lot of potential for something great here.

And come on, it's only 5 bucks for a copy.

Everyone here should back this. Why? For a measly $5 you get the game. Even if it totally sucks, and it looks like it doesn't, this guy has been here answering our questions and giving us previews for over a month. This is what RPGWatch is all about. OwnNation deserves the cost of a McDonald's value meal just for the effort he's put forth at our site, so go back it already. BTW, they don't get a dime unless the game reaches it's very meagre goal.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/icy-a-post-apocalyptic-rpg

Okay I put my $20 into the pot.

That was convincing. :)

It looks like a reasonable idea for a Kickstarter game--not over-promising anything, but still having the germ of a potentially enjoyable experience. Hopefully there's a plot in mind, other than just wandering around.

Yeah, I hope so too Bob. Have you read the posts from OwnNation? I think there might be a nice little gem here. I'm not sure how much rpg is here though. I like it for the exploration potential.

Yeah, I hope so too Bob. Have you read the posts from OwnNation? I think there might be a nice little gem here. I'm not sure how much rpg is here though. I like it for the exploration potential.

It's OwlNathan… Unless you're trying to make a reference or joke that I'm not getting, in which case please explain :)

Btw, In the video you can see (very briefly) a character sheet with a decent number of skills which can be upgraded… so I think it passes my very lenient RPG litmus test. I'm also sure there will be more of a plot than you just wandering aimlessly around… but they may not wish to reveal much for fear of spoiling it.

Last edited:
I just can't read, daveyd. I thought it said Own Nation :) My eyes are as old as the rest of me...

I would back this if it was on kickstarter...not a fan of indiegogo...sorry.

If it was more than $2500 and if the guy had no presence here, I'd be right with you, JDR13. The humility of $2500 is the selling point for me. This guy is asking for so very, very little. I'll give. Wait, I already did. :D

Apart from the requirement to join Facebook in order to contribute…

Really? I don't remember doing that, maybe I did it when I created my Indiegogo account like a year ago, but I don't use Facebook (if it's required maybe I just entered the fake Facebook account I created for like contests).

Apart from the requirement to join Facebook in order to contribute…
That's not necessary. You should check again.

Back
Top Bottom