BioWare - David Gaider No Longer Lead Writer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
He also posted two more twitter updates with more information.
While it's hard to leave Dragon Age behind, 10 years is a long time to work on any one project. I decided it was time for something new.

I am happy, however, to leave Dragon Age in good hands: @PatrickWeekes will be Lead Writer once I'm gone. I can't think of anyone better.

I'll go with the new Scifi IP (with something that looks like space nuns, it's the only thing we know about it).

I get the feeling that anything Star Wars is going to be handled by the Austin studio.

Last edited:
This is not news I'd care about much…
I'd rather see kicking ME3 plotholes writer(s) out of Bioware.

Congratz PatrickWeekes! :w00t: :standingovation:

This is hardly good news. Not because David Gaider left DA, but because Patrick Weekes has become DA's lead writer. Considering his background (Mass Effect games), this is -probably- terrible news.

According to the ME fandom, Patrick penned and wrote the best characters and quests in the last two games (Tali, Mordin, Jack -partially-, Tunchaka and Rannock questlines in ME3).

He wrote Here Lies the Abyss, Solas, Cole and Iron Bull and his Chargers in DAI.

The replacement lead is certainly good. Can't say I liked Iron Bull, but Solas was a really interesting character with good dialogues in DA:I. So were Mordin, Jack, and Tali from ME series.
I hope David will continue to write Morrigan and Cassndra though.

OK. Who wrote my fav characters? I mean Samara, Liara, Anderson and Legion in ME, and Sera, Leliana, Sigrun and Justice in DA? If it was Gaider, then bad news.

According to the ME fandom, Patrick penned and wrote the best characters and quests in the last two games (Tali, Mordin, Jack -partially-, Tunchaka and Rannock questlines in ME3).
ME fandom has a bit inaccurate info then - the Tuchanka arc was written by John Dombrow (Weekes just assisted with Mordin), imo the best writer for ME3 (also wrote Garrus, Javik or was co-lead for Citadel DLC, for ME2 he wrote Overlord). He left BioWare afterwards to work on Bioshock Infinite DLCs so currently Weekes might indeed be the best writer available, though personally I´d prefer him to write for MENext.

Patrick Weekes is doing DA4.
David Gaider is doing ME4.

simple really :)

Simple really :)
No it's not as a different BioWare team is also working on a new unannounced Sc-Fi game. It's the other game they talked about in the Mass Effect trailer at E3 2014. :)

Gaider is not going for ME4 - if he did, he'd specify that as ME4 is known upcoming title. A game I mean... The actual title is not known yet, probably is still not even decided.
And he never worked on Mass Effect games.

Personally I do not think this will effect DA at all as it seems DA is a brand name not a series.

OK. Who wrote my fav characters? I mean Samara, Liara, Anderson and Legion in ME, and Sera, Leliana, Sigrun and Justice in DA? If it was Gaider, then bad news.

Leliana was writen by Sheryl Chee in DAO and in DA:i. She was also the writer for Dog, Wynne, Oghren and Cullen in dragon age orgins. According to the wiki she was also responsible for the Magi Origin story line, as well as the Broken Circle and Urn of Sacred Ashes quest lines.

For the awakening she wrote Oghren, Sigrun, and Velanna. In DA 2 She was the main writer for Isabella.

Leliana was definitely my favourite companion and urn of Sacred ashes was the most memorable quest in DAO :)

Leliana was writen by Sheryl Chee in DAO and in DA:i. She was also the writer for Dog, Wynne, Oghren and Cullen in dragon age orgins. According to the wiki she was also responsible for the Magi Origin story line, as well as the Broken Circle and Urn of Sacred Ashes quest lines.

For the awakening she wrote Oghren, Sigrun, and Velanna. In DA 2 She was the main writer for Isabella.

Leliana was definitely my favourite companion and urn of Sacred ashes was the most memorable quest in DAO :)

Thanks for the info. I didn't liked Oghren and Isabella at all, so I have mixed feelings about this writer.

Just to say Sera, to me the best portraited character in DA3, was not written by Gaider.
Not saying other characters were poorly written, I just find her writing the best.
Forgot who the writer was, but wasn't Gaider.

Back
Top Bottom