Icewind Dale: EE - Patch 1.4 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Beamdog has finally released Patch 1.4 for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Beamdog is proud to announce that Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition 1.4 is available now through Beamdog, Steam, and Google Play, with the GOG, Mac App, and iTunes App Stores to follow soon.

The patch adds the Korean and Russian localizations to the game, allowing more fans than ever to fully enjoy this classic Forgotten Realms adventure. Players can also customize their experience of the cold and harsh Spine of the World with new options for fine-tuning enemy damage and experience point bonuses on non-Core-Rules difficulty settings.

Additionally, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition 1.4 includes more than a hundred bugfixes. You can read our full release notes document on the official website or download it directly here: IWD:EE 1.4 Release Notes.
More information.

Last edited:
That's got to be one of the prettiest Release Notes-documents I've ever seen :)

Anyway, glad about this update! I just encountered a quest that went awry in Wyrm's Tooth. This fixed it.

I really don't like the Steam auto patch system. The release notes talk about this patch "potentially" breaking save games. Luckily it did not. No way I'm starting over!

I think I'll be defaulting to GOG when games are available there. Steam is convenient but also a PITA at times.

I really don't like the Steam auto patch system. The release notes talk about this patch "potentially" breaking save games. Luckily it did not. No way I'm starting over!

I avoid Steam whenever possible. Auto patching is a nightmare - caused chaos with Skyrim mods when it was still being updated. They badly need a reasonable refund system too - even EA can manage that!

You guys can always just turn off auto patching in Steam. (right click game's title in library > properties > updates)

You guys can always just turn off auto patching in Steam. (right click game's title in library > properties > updates)

Unless something's changed very recently, it doesn't work like that. Take a look at this Reddit.

Steam will always ensure a game is up to date before launching. The "Do not automatically update this game" option was recently renamed to "Only update this game when I launch it" to clear up confusion around the option, but the functionality has not changed.

Yup, that doesn't work at all.

And agreed, they really need to do something about this auto-patching business. How hard can it be to provide a setting for the user to decide whether a game is allowed to be auto-patched or not? It doesn't even have to be a per-game setting for me, it can be a global one for all I care.
That really is my one beef with Steam...

Back
Top Bottom