Worlds of Magic - Early Access Impression @ RPS

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rock, Paper, Shotgun published a new Early Access preview of Worlds of Magic.

I bought Master of Magic when I was thirteen and managed to sneak a look at the manual during the bus journey home. It was enormous, that manual, full of stats, charts, creatures…possibilities. Despite the wonky AI, Simtex’s epic is still one of my favourite strategy games.

Worlds of Magic ould be the closest thing to a spiritual successor. We’re not starved for strong fantasy 4X games at the moment – Endless Legend was our pick of 2014’s releases and Age of Wonders III is no slouch. The former is pushing the genre in unusual directions, however, and the latter has its own traditions to follow. Worlds of Magic looks to be picking up exactly where the plane-hopping expansionism of Master of Magic left off.

The game has been in available in Early Access for a while and the response hasn’t been entirely enthusiastic, it’s fair to say. I took a look myself when it first became available and decided to leave well alone until interface improvements and bugfixes were in place. I’ll be jumping back in soon.

Nothing in the trailer convinces me that all will be sweetness and light come release on March 19th, but I live in hope. The kind of hope that seems me repeatedly dashed against rocks as I dream of lighthouses on the shore.
More information.

Last edited:
Being a MoM diehard fan, so many hours of fun, I so wanted this to be the spiritual successor to it. But the very mixed reviews for it have killed off my enthusiasm somewhat.

Here's hoping like RPS said, it improves alot.

Um, that article(that being generous to call it) said absolutely nothing...he bought early access, tried it once awhile ago and now is waiting until release. Nothing new to see there at all....

What a waste.

Being a MoM diehard fan, so many hours of fun, I so wanted this to be the spiritual successor to it. But the very mixed reviews for it have killed off my enthusiasm somewhat.
I hoped the game would be a true sequel to Master of Magic, but I always end up disappointed. I'll wait for a few post-release patches before I play the game.
Um, that article(that being generous to call it) said absolutely nothing…he bought early access, tried it once awhile ago and now is waiting until release. Nothing new to see there at all…..

Well I don't read every article I post, but yes its very short & lite on content.

Last edited:
I hoped the game would be a true squeal to Mastrer of Magic, but I always end us disappointed. I'll wait for a few post-release patches before I play the game.

Well I don't read every article I post, but yes its very short & lite on content.

Not blaming you just thought...why bother even posting that(the writer I mean) he added nothing to talkk about.

Back
Top Bottom