Ghost of a Tale - Environment Update Posted

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Developer Seith released a new update this month for Ghost of a Tale this week. This time we get a look at his work the game environment. It looks good in my opinion.

courtyard_comp.jpg

Hello everyone! I’m still hard at work on the game’s environments and things are moving forward smoothly, although it’s quite intense; balancing artistic ambitions with gameplay layout and technical feasibility…

While I was going through my stash of screenshots I found some old ones (well they’re from last year) and it was quite the eye-opener to see how far the project has come.

Here’s an example with the keep’s courtyard you get to explore when you escape the jail (I hope I don’t need to tell you which one’s the new screenshot.
More information.

This game looks like you've walked into a storybook. Really like the art style. Looking forward to playing this.

Yes, the game scenes are really top notch work. Very nice lighting, texturing, and modelling.

If you were to explain this game to me verbally I think I would be skeptical. But man it sure looks good, looking forward to it.

What is the game actually about?
Is it just an indie budget version of Dark Souls with mice/rats and a vague story? Or there is more to it?

I'd be curious to know what type of system this game is going to require. It looks fairly graphically intensive, so will it take a high end system to get decent performance?

Min:
– OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
– Processor: Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955, Intel Core i5-750
– Memory: 4 GB RAM
– Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 5870, Nvidia GTX 480

...nothing crazy.

Seems like a lighthearted game with potential for fun.

Back
Top Bottom