Seven Dragon Saga - Great Support Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Tactical Simulations Interactive posted the second kickstarter update for Seven Dragon Saga with news about the second day. The game has managed to earn $38,791.

Hello and thanks for a second day of our Kickstarter for Seven Dragon Saga. Your support is appreciated greatly, and we hope you will continue to spread the word with friends, family and in online communities.

Back in the day, anyone that played computer games knew SSI (or Strategic Simulations Inc. for those that don't remember). And when we say "back in the day" - we're talking C-64/128, Apple II, Atari 800/ST, Amiga, and the MS-DOS era of the PC. In those days, SSI was born out of a love of strategy and RPG PnP/board games and was responsible for games like: Wizard’s Crown, Phantasie, and Questron before winning the Dungeons and Dragons license against heavyweights such as: EA, Sierra, and Origin. They went on to publish titles across multiple settings: The Forgotten Realms, The Dragonlance series in Mystara, Dark Sun, and Ravenloft. Today, fanboys and industry veterans alike were shaped by those early classics. Members of the Seven Dragon Saga team are proud to have helped craft those amazing games, and we're really excited to bring back that era of RPG goodness beginning with Seven Dragon Saga.
More information.

If they can get the same number of final backers as Underworld Ascendant, they should hit around 685K+ by the end of the campaign. It's do-able.

They'll need to average about $13,000 per day for the rest of the campaign. So far they've got $40,000 in the first two days. We'll see how things go when they hit the slowdown.

For a preliminary KS pitch this game looks awesome! Imagine how much it will improve. Animations, spell FX, music. They have a really nice GUI and the fact that fireball throws opponents backward - finally a game that dares to do this! - is ground breaking. Also destroyable environment + XCOM EU camera for monster deaths and big moments is a big plus! They should have began with the gameplay video and put their weird faces at the back and they could have gathered around 100K by now...

First dev face is a big put off, we Golden Box fans need to see the game first!!

For a preliminary KS pitch this game looks awesome! Imagine how much it will improve. Animations, spell FX, music. They have a really nice GUI and the fact that fireball throws opponents backward - finally a game that dares to do this! - is ground breaking. Also destroyable environment + XCOM EU camera for monster deaths and big moments is a big plus! They should have began with the gameplay video and put their weird faces at the back and they could have gathered around 100K by now…

First dev face is a big put off, we Golden Box fans need to see the game first!!
Everyone needs to see the game first. I was just saying to myself I hope you got gameplay to show because this so far was nothing of interest. And then gameplay was also not that interesting even if we ignore ugly graphics which we can hope they improve but we don't know by how much.
And these update names, are they being sarcastic?!

i like the idea, but not much is stopping me from firing up an old SSI game to relive the good days in krynn.

Everyone needs to see the game first. I was just saying to myself I hope you got gameplay to show because this so far was nothing of interest. And then gameplay was also not that interesting even if we ignore ugly graphics which we can hope they improve but we don't know by how much.
And these update names, are they being sarcastic?!

Keep up that fantastic spirit, don't let reality come in between your bitching efforts...

Ugly graphic, names.... yes, really something to be worried about.

Keep up that fantastic spirit, don't let reality come in between your bitching efforts…

Ugly graphic, names…. yes, really something to be worried about.
So you are saying the graphics were not ugly? You would want release to come with same graphics? LOL
And name was a reference to names of updates. There is no Great Support happening and the name is beyond terrible.

Nattering nabobs of negativity… :p

There's a very good reason for posting positive names and messages. It's both encouraging to backers and shows a determination to succeed. The Underworld Ascension campaign did the same thing.

For an early draft presentation, the graphics seem fine. Think of them as placeholders intended to present the general concept. They will only improve as time goes forward. As for the name, I see nothing wrong with it; clearly it's intended to fit the Far East-like setting, and for that purpose it's a nice fit.

They still did a fantastic job and proved they would be competent game project finishers. So much of the gameplay looks ready and in an advanced state of development.

Even if they "faked the demo together" - usual practice in studios to create a fast pitch - meaning probably everything is specially coded to work in the video and not for the later (real) game they will build in the end. Still nice work, must have been a lot of effort and their Art Direction is nice too.

I wrote them to swiftly re-cut the KS pitch video to put their talking faces to the back and begin with the gameplay. This KS campaign not succeeding will be more painful than Guido's Deathfire.

Pledged. Not exactly a rip-roaring start for their campaign. I sure hope the this one doesn't die during the inevitable mid-KS-campaign slump in funding. I don't generally get personally invested in Kickstarters, but this one would hurt.

Nattering nabobs of negativity… :p

There's a very good reason for posting positive names and messages. It's both encouraging to backers and shows a determination to succeed. The Underworld Ascension campaign did the same thing.

For an early draft presentation, the graphics seem fine. Think of them as placeholders intended to present the general concept. They will only improve as time goes forward. As for the name, I see nothing wrong with it; clearly it's intended to fit the Far East-like setting, and for that purpose it's a nice fit.

You got that right about negativity. Good lord almost every post I read from him is that way.... wow

You should read more of my posts than. Only those that deserve negativity get it.

Back
Top Bottom