Halcyon 6 - A New Sci-Fi Rogue-like Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A game called Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander has launched on kickstarter this week. The developer Massive Damage, Inc. asked for $40,000, and is already funded.

A rogue-like sci-fi strategy survival game with base building, tactical combat, crew management and emergent storytelling.

In the midst of a disastrous war, you and your ragtag group of Terran officers discover an ancient, derelict space station, and attempt to harness its mysterious power to turn the war's tides in a grand, desperate campaign to save the human race from extinction.

Halcyon 6 is a passion project inspired by our years years spent playing classic games like Star Control II, Master of Orion, X-COM, Civilization and of course, rogue-like games like FTL.

More information.

This does look very interesting. While I will not KS this, I will be looking forward to playing it some time in the future.

Not in love with the graphic style; but other wise it looks pretty interesting. Naturally Joxe r will probably have an issue given that this being developed by phone game developers :)

Well, he has problems with so many things, I don't know how he keeps track. Probably got a list somewhere :)

Look like fun. Pledged. Wish they would make it for snaps though...I don't have enough quality time with my PC to play all the games...

Oh this looks cool. xD I'm absolutely intrigued, despite the fact that I watch the trailer and I can already feel my blood begin to boil as I think of losing crew members...

Roguelikes are anger machines. ^.~

Looks awesome and I backed right away. Love the animations, especially how the little people explode into their guts. ^^

Back
Top Bottom