Seven Dragon Saga - Post-Kickstarter Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
TSI sent the first post-kickstarter update to subscribers of their newsletter. It had information of a new development post from Narrative Designer Edwin McRae.

Less than 24 hours have passed since we made the difficult decision to cancel the Kickstarter campaign. Emails and comments have been coming in acknowledging it was a tough choice, but expressing a tremendous amount of confidence and support for TSI. The response to our overall design choices has been really encouraging and reinforces our belief that we’re building something worthwhile. As we informed our backers, we remain committed to Seven Dragon Saga and will be making regular updates on our website.

Edwin McRae, our Narrative Designer, has already posted a few thoughts on “How to get Players to Roleplay”

As we forge ahead, expect us to talk more about RPG’s, our approach, and how we plan to create a great game that resonates with our fanbase.
More information.

A shame this did not make it. Better luck next time?

It was odd to me that seasoned developers of intelligent games seemed to lack basic competences. God knows I'm no expert, but I wanted to help them rewrite their material and redesign their pitch. I suspect many people felt that way - and many of them could probably have done a better job!

Last edited:
Their initial presentation did not give me confidence that they could deliver a fun and polished game at all. I used to own all the SSI D&D games also so I was their perfect audience but damn they looked bad.

This game can easily be the best turn based RPG of all time, when they come back with a new pitch!

It was odd to me that seasoned developers of intelligent games seemed to lack basic competences. God knows I'm no expert, but I wanted to help them rewrite their material and redesign their pitch. I suspect many people felt that way - and many of them could probably have done a better job!

Sadly, I have to agree. As the old adage says, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Many potential contributors probably only looked at the Kickstarter site once. If you don't catch the target audience's gaming interest out of the gate, you're perpetually playing catchup.

Back
Top Bottom