Worlds of Magic - Review @ Space Sector

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Keith Turner of Space Sector posted his review of Worlds of Magic this week. Lets just say he was not very happy playing the full game, and gave it a final score of 4/10

The number of issues still present are numerous and spread throughout all aspects of the game. I’ve experienced crashes on multiple occasions. I’ve had a city whose gold value is being modified by events to the tune of -2.328306E-08. I’ve also experienced, more than once, an event pop up stating I’ve been granted a new neutral town, and then I never get the mentioned town. Perhaps the clincher for me was the reward for winning the game after many hours of play. A lone static image that says “Congratulations”. It’s not even custom tailored to my faction. For an early access budget title, this might be acceptable, but it’s simply not in a full price release.

There are moments within Worlds of Magic that clearly show a love for the product and genre. Moments like taking in how far your city has developed, traveling to a new plane and experiencing the unique soundtrack and ambiance, and realizing for the first time that rushing your undead faction’s building just did something unique and sacrificed some people.

Still, even if I discount bugs entirely, I struggle to find any reason to recommend this over its competition. It is simply an old world game relying on nostalgia in a time where bigger, better versions of the same type of game have already come along.
More information.

I totaly agree with this bad score. I would give it even lower, something like 3/10 : It's obvious this game has too many issues and they will most likely never be corrected since the game has now been released (as long as they were in beta I was hoping improvements but since them they released, despite the fact there were still tones of issues, I think the issues will never be fixed).
Personnaly, I've given up this game yesterday after and ultimate attempt to play… which I couldn't bare doing too long because of the issues, mainly the general ergonomy which I find so annoying it waste the fun of playing.
There are other games of this type in steam, for exemple Endless Legend and Sorcered King which are far better so I'm not going to continue wasting my time on Worlds of Magic.

Bummer, I was looking for it

See, I knew it was true this game was riddled with bugs and was rushed out way too soon. Let them take their own sweet time to fix everything, then we can maybe see if it becomes entertaining in 6 months or even one year.

See, I knew it was true this game was riddled with bugs and was rushed out way too soon. Let them take their own sweet time to fix everything, then we can maybe see if it becomes entertaining in 6 months or even one year.

Ahhh just waiting to do this huh?

7 patches since release, they aren't just sitting there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom