Crimea - Development Continued Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It has been a while since I mentioned anything in the news about Crimea since it failed on Indiegogo. The developer has continued development, and is selling it for $3.57.

A single player adventure that takes place on boundless steppes, radioactive swamps, and distinctive settlements. Scorched by the sun and hopelessly irradiated, the Earth is soaked in toxic waste and blood of its former masters. Those who remain are fighting to survive the endless and senseless struggle with the environment, and, inevitably, with themselves.
More information.

Has anyone here played this game ? If so, what about gameplay, UI, graphics ? Is this game a Fallout copycat ?

I remember someone in here banging on about this being everything WL2 failed at. Yeah, thats what I thought…
Wasn't me as I recall it was Mercy. Ah yes here was his reply.;)
This is a fantastic Fallout 1-2 spiritual ancestor in 3D. Lot better combat system than crappy Wasteland 2. Better graphics/art direction too. Yes, only the writing could be a problem if they don't hire a competent writer.
And here was his second reply.:biggrin:
Ridiculous, probably the devs don't market the game too much on social media. Also they have no big names like devs for Wasteland. Even if Crimea is a lot better game than poorly executed W2, not much chance yet.

I tried the demo a bit, and the game currently has lots of path-finding issues.
On a positive note, the game looks good, and has a certain appealing mood to it.

It certainly raised my interest, especially for the low asking price.

How is the quest system, is this just hack and slash or is this like Fallout as far as quest types? Dialogue, investigation etc. type quests available?

Just got it. Played for 30 mins. It seems OK, especially for the price. Comparing it to W2 seems a bit delusional to me, at least as a first impression (obviously I did not advance much in the game). For the money they are asking, is a worthy project.

I played the demo for …like… 30-45 min.

I am not the most demanding person in terms of game graphics. I liked them. But I think the inventory could use some improvement. Also, I found the text fonts very small (I played the demo at 1920x1080).

Additionaly, and this is my major grip until now, I've spent many minutes wandering the map (that map part which has a boat, right after we gather those people by the camp fire) without knowing what to do, where to go. Then I clicked some part off the map, which I don't recall what it was, and the game proceeded to the next encampment/village, which has some kind of trolley/cart. Then I stopped playing the demo.

Of course, I don't expect being handholded by the game but it could display some hints about what to do next.

I don't know if the game is finished. The demo version is 0.9.2, so I think it is not. But yes, it does have potential. Particularly speaking, I am fond of post apocalyptic games!

:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the short impression henriquejr. I will have to give the demo a try, but I'm busy with work, other games, and setting up a few more interviews this month.

Thanks for the short impression henriquejr. I will have to give the demo a try, but I'm busy with work, other games, and setting up a few more interviews this month.

Thank you too, CouchPotato !!!

Another "interesting" thing: we can increase/decrease our character's stats on Inventory page, but the game has no indication on how many stat points we do have in order to allocate/deallocate them.

The game does have potential, but IMHO I think the devs should first work on these basic things (e.g: showing us the amount of stat points we do have or where to go after we finish a map).

Henrique

I need some help guys as I wanted to ask the developer a few questions about the game, but can't contact them. So I have to ask does anybody know how?o_O

Back
Top Bottom