Seven Dragon Saga - Jigsaw Storytelling

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Another blog update for Seven Dragon Saga was released this week from Tactical Simulations Interactive that continues the last update, but focuses on story telling.

What follows is the Narrative Design method that I aim to apply to Seven Dragon Saga, and every other RPG I work on for that matter.

In a nutshell, Jigsaw Storytelling involves the baking of lots of little narrative goodies that a player ‘consumes and digests’ in any order. In this way, we whet the players appetite for story without cramming it down their throats in ‘storytelling sessions’…like this.

Yes, we’re throwing traditional plot structure out the window. No ‘Hero’s Journeys’ here! What we get in return is a ‘Story Experience’ rather than a ‘Story Telling’.
More information.

The Prezi available in the post is an interesting development of the so called Jigsaw Storytelling, which is just another way of saying "open-world narrative".

I'm curious: i understand that they stopped their Kickstarter campaign, so they will do another one or they are looking for external funding?!

I'm curious: i understand that they stopped their Kickstarter campaign, so they will do another one or they are looking for external funding?!

They wanted to get organized then do another KS.

Back
Top Bottom