Space Hulk - Dark Angels Expansion Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems developer Full Control announced today another expansion for Space Hulk called The Dark Angels is now avaiable adding 25 hours of more game content.

The Latest and Greatest Expansion is Ready to Download Now, With Another 25 Hours of Content for Players!

Copenhagen, Denmark – April 15, 2015 - Independent developer Full Control today announced that the third expansion for S pace Hulk: Ascension is live for Windows PC, Mac and Linux on Steam. The Dark Angels Expansion “Bringer of Sorrow” unlocks the Deathwing of the Dark Angels Chapter and includes a further 20 story missions, and 20 flash missions for players to conquer.

Featuring over 25 hours of content, Space Hulk: Ascension - Dark Angels continues to add incredible features and value to the turn-based strategy game. Written by Black Library author Graeme Lyon, the story campaign “Bringer of Sorrow” sees the planet Corinthe under attack by Tyranid forces, with a newly emerged Space Hulk that has to be eliminated by the Deathwing.

“I hope players are excited for the strategic options this expansion will afford them”, said Thomas Hentschel Lund, CEO of Full Control. “The Apothecary will give your team some incredible buffs, while the Plasma Cannon is one of the most destructive weapons the Genestealers will have the displeasure of facing!”

Plasma Cannons shoot out huge fireballs of glowing plasma that splash across large areas, causing insane amounts of damage. They can be overcharged for additional splash damage. The Apothecary is a support class that complements players command slot in their squad, and bolsters the resolve of nearby Terminators and supports defensive play styles.

To purchase the Dark Angels Expansion via Steam visit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/347981/

To purchase Space Hulk: Ascension via Steam visit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/317620/
More information.

The consensus for the first Space Hulk game seems to be "boring." Does the second iteration bring more to the table? I'm interested but not sure at the current price point. Maybe I will get it during summer sale...

Ascension is a lot better but still too monotonous for me.

I enjoy the first SH (actually own a 20yo copy of the board game too)… So much so I purchased Ascension but have yet to play it. Like other GW games in my experience (bloodbowl/dungeon bowl) I find SH is essentially a puzzle where each turn has to be played out in just the right way to achieve best results. It's rewarding for me to minimize the risks to the point that a plan comes off. So I enjoy it enough to recommend on that basis, plus it only cost a couple of bucks. Would be interesting to have a turn time limit like bloodbowl.

As an aside, didn't FC state they were dropping game production? If that's right nice to see see them continuing to release updates for an existing title.

-kaos

As far as I'm aware, the first Space Hulk title was a strict adaptation of the board game.

The Ascension edition is way more polished and added some bland RPG elements.

Subsequent "packs" each add a Space Terminator Chapter to story mode.

As an aside, didn't FC state they were dropping game production? If that's right nice to see see them continuing to release updates for an existing title.
Well after the failure of Jagged Alliance: Flashback the developer focused more attention on this game. This might be the last DLC that will be released for a while though.

As the developer has plans to release Space Hulk: Ascension on more platforms.

Here is the link with more information.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28067
Thomas Lund is currently working on new third-party deals to launch Space Hulk and Space Hulk: Ascension on new platforms. “PS3, Vita and Wii U ports of Space Hulk will become available this summer, and I am working on getting it released for Android, (and) Windows Phone too. Space Hulk: Ascension would be a potential great fit for the new console generation as well, so I am looking at that possibility. DLC for the game, as well as a new game mode currently in production, will also be released this spring.”
Edit: The link is from last month so the studio is not completely gone yet.

Last edited:
The consensus for the first Space Hulk game seems to be "boring." Does the second iteration bring more to the table? I'm interested but not sure at the current price point. Maybe I will get it during summer sale…

They promote hours of content.

Players would know for years now if Space Hulk's core gameplay could support dozens and dozens of maps, each of them featuring gameplay value.

Dull is dull, for some dull means boring, others find dull exciting.

They managed to take a game known for its tension and turned it out in their current product. Big achievement.

-kaos

Yeah, afaik they are closing shop. So this should be the last DLC and they will only provide patches for critical isssues. At a much reduced speed, though.

Back
Top Bottom