Wasteland 2 - Interview @ Shack News

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Chris Keenan of InXile Entertainment talked with Daniel Perez of Shack News about Wasteland 2 being released on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Shacknews: Wasteland 2 received much critical acclaim last year, even earning our #10 spot in Shacknews' Game of the Year awards. Was critical and fanatical response to the game the reason why inXile decided to bring the game to consoles?

Chris Keenan: It certainly was a major reason why we chose to work on console versions. After the game was released, we were consistently getting messages from people who had heard about the game and had friends playing it, but either don’t have a gaming PC or only play games on consoles. Since the game was developed using the Unity engine, we decided to spend some time exploring what it would take to do a proper console version. The engine handled much of the under the hood tech needs and we felt we could make some solid changes to the UI and controls to make a great experience.

Shacknews: Will PC owners be able to receive the improvements you're making to the Game of the Year Edition of Wasteland 2? For example, the Perks and Quirks feature and Precision Strike?

Chris Keenan: Yes. All new improvements will be in the GOTY PC version. We’ll have more news in the future on what that means for those who already own a PC/Mac/Linux copy of the game.

More information.

Actually a pop-up radial menu for skills would be dandy; better than what we have now in fact.

With so many promissed upgrades and dealyed features I've been holding out playing this game since beta. I wonder when will I be able to finally play it from start to finish.

I would love if they could make it for tablets. I enjoyed shawdorun more at tablet rather at my pc.

With so many promissed upgrades and dealyed features I've been holding out playing this game since beta. I wonder when will I be able to finally play it from start to finish.
I played it a bit after release but also stopped about 1/2 way of Arizona and waited and waited for promised patches. And I am still waiting.

Back
Top Bottom