Malevolence - Game Changer Steam Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Visual Outbreak released a new Steam update for Malevolence with information from the main developer about the next patch, and having more time to work on his game.

Hi all, sorry for being quiet lately. It's been for two reasons, mainly:

1) I've been SUPER immersed in this latest update, and it is a CRAZY big one. Easily the biggest, most content-packed update that the game has ever had in its long history. It's adding the new procedural magic system, boss monsters, magical enemies, item crafting, enchanting, new quests as well as the usual bugfixes, etc. The game is going to feel REALLY complete after this, and it will definitely mark the final stretch of the game's development. The new procedural magic system in particular is super cool and I'm very excited to reveal it all to you. I'll be working with the game's test team quite closely to get it looking nice and shiny before putting out an announcement video explaining how it all works. A couple of the team have offered to do the videos up themselves so that the system gets explained by someone new to it rather than myself. I think that'd be better, since I tend to ramble a lot.

2) Unfortunately I no longer have a day job. After a very rough 12 months there I parted ways with the company rather suddenly. I won't go into details but it's been kinda rough on me and my family. On the upside, though, it's given me HEAPS more time to work on Malevolence :p I've decided that I'm going to get a new job that has much fewer hours and try and get by on less to have more time for game development. I think it's super important to be passionate about what you do for a living, and those of you who have followed this project from early on will know how passionate I can get about game development!

So I'll get back to my hermit development schedule (I've been putting in 18 hour days lately hahaha) and get this update done for you all! Thanks again for sticking with it, and I promise you that you'll be blown away by what's in store :)
More information.

I guess this is one of those instances where all the negativity could be perceived as flattery;everybody just wanting to get there hands on a game that finally has some finished feel to it after all the promises. I thought there was great promise in this game so I bought it but so far this is one of the games that has soured me on Early access.

After all the hype, I think this latest post translates to a 3-6 month wait for the next patch.

Really? I don't know...I didn't pay much for it and it has been neat to see it evolve....people expect a lot for the amount would pat for a pizza.

I think you must have had the game longer because I haven't seen any evolution yet.
I still haven't deleted the game yet but I am not holding my breath on the patch.

I guess you are out a pizza, I hope that isn't a big deal.

No that's not the analogy I would use at all. I Just watched a video from 2011 and it looks exactly the same. Pizza or no pizza, it feels like I bought a game that was missing disk two.

looks? it has a lot more things under the hood like stores banks etc that have been added...if you mean it has the same graphics well yeah...it's going to.

Back
Top Bottom