Legends of Eisenwald - Preview @ Chalgyr's

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Chalgyr's Game Room has a new preview for Legends of Eisenwald based on the latest beta version , and the site says fans of King's Bounty will enjoy playing the game.

For fans of King's Bounty, there are a lot of similarities to be had here. You can pick a variety of soldiers to join your army, and you travel a mostly top-down landscape while interacting with other units and locations. There is the promise of a solid story and the foundation is quite enjoyable, appealing to someone like me that considers the RPG/strategy genre to be among my favorites. The game needs more content at this point - you can get through most of what is here in a handful of hours, but Legends of Eisenwald looks like it loaded with potential that hopefully gets fully capitalized on.
More information.

Last edited:
Has anybody recently played this? I was very interested when I first saw this a long time ago. Then I read it plays pretty badly. Combat was supposed to be very unfun/untactical and the missions/campaign was bad.

I really want this to be good. Any opinions?

Has anybody recently played this? I was very interested when I first saw this a long time ago. Then I read it plays pretty badly. Combat was supposed to be very unfun/untactical and the missions/campaign was bad.

I really want this to be good. Any opinions?

I 'd suggest to watch a letsplay but unfortunately there are no recent ones in English. Here is a link to an epic battle in Russian http://youtu.be/CDaegN8Mmyg?t=2h29m32s that happened in a stream about a month ago. The same battle is replayed 4 times (around 13min of gameplay) and only 4th time the player manages to beat the other army. He tried few things and found a solution. If that's not fun or not tactical, I don't know what is.

P.S. The enemy had a poisoned weapon. Without it, the battle could have been won the first time since the knight would have been completely protected from the archers but the poisoned amulet made it a hard and nice battle.

I backed this in KS so waiting for it to come out. I do hope you can't finish it in a 'handful of hours' (as long as handful isn't less than, say, 30 hours).

I backed this in KS so waiting for it to come out. I do hope you can't finish it in a 'handful of hours' (as long as handful isn't less than, say, 30 hours).

The average time beta testers reported for the entire campaign was 50 hours. I personally finished the game in 52 hours (50 was the average in our dev team too) and I missed out on quite a few things. At the same time, someone was able to finish the game on 30 hours but not on the first playthrough, kind of a "record run". So, depending on how fast you are, the length of the main campaign will be somewhere between 40-60 hours.

But was it fun or did it have lots of issues (technical, boring, bad ai, ....) ?

The average time beta testers reported for the entire campaign was 50 hours. I personally finished the game in 52 hours (50 was the average in our dev team too) and I missed out on quite a few things. At the same time, someone was able to finish the game on 30 hours but not on the first playthrough, kind of a "record run". So, depending on how fast you are, the length of the main campaign will be somewhere between 40-60 hours.

It was fun for all who reported apart from the few glitches and missing translations. We had to change one quest since it was too difficult for most. Some people went as far as saying that our story and game was better than PoE, I suspect they might be from Codex :)

Whoa, this is still in beta? Yeah I guess it is.

Yes, we are still in beta but releasing soon. The game got very big and tightening up loose ends, localization, English language errors (yes, this is a separate task since all other translations go from English, not from Russian) took and takes its time.

40-50+ hours of gameplay with no procedural generation :)

Yes, we are still in beta but releasing soon. The game got very big and tightening up loose ends, localization, English language errors (yes, this is a separate task since all other translations go from English, not from Russian) took and takes its time.

40-50+ hours of gameplay with no procedural generation :)
I can't wait to play the final version. Just let us know if you want a review.:nod:

Back
Top Bottom