Focus Interactive - Larian Studios & Deck 13

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
Interesting news really. I thought Swen Vincke wouldn't work with a publisher anymore.

What exactly does this mean? Do they just get help with marketing and publishing like Pillars got or is this a more traditional contract where Focus gives them money to develop a game and then has all the rights to it? That would be a backstep...

Not much is really known at this time as we will have to wait for E3 for more details.

I think focus (from what I remember) is one of the less heavy handed publishers. I suspect they will be handling french translation and distribution but will not have a creative say in the game. Just my wild guess; no actual factual data on the matter.

Keep in mind, guys, that Larian started new office in Canada recently and have some plans to open another in Russia or Belarussia. So its probable that this canadian office will collaborate with Deck 13 on new RPG… and my tip is that they wont use engine of Original Sin, because it will be probably ARPG. No TB combat. Maybe it will be based on LotF technology. And Focus seems to be decent publisher and likes to publish these ARPGs.

And I doubt its traditional contract and publisher gets all the rights. I assume Swen wont allow this to happen anymore, so it should be some partnership about investment, marketing and percents of profit.

So… Focus:
- Technomancer (Spiders, 2016)
- Vampyr (Dontnod… ?)
- Mordheim
- ? RPG with Deck13 and Larian

I think focus (from what I remember) is one of the less heavy handed publishers. I suspect they will be handling french translation and distribution but will not have a creative say in the game. Just my wild guess; no actual factual data on the matter.

As with most publishers their creative say will be proportional to their financial commitment.

Deck 13 is going a mixed publishing and classic-developer-publisher path. They are registered on XBOne and PS4, and on Steam. They can self publish if they find the budget ...

This year's E3 perhaps needs to answer on too many questions.
I wish it's set for tomorrow already.
Or even better, I wish news from PR agencies were not so vague.

Keep in mind, guys, that Larian started new office in Canada recently and have some plans to open another in Russia or Belarussia. So its probable that this canadian office will collaborate with Deck 13 on new RPG… and my tip is that they wont use engine of Original Sin, because it will be probably ARPG. No TB combat. Maybe it will be based on LotF technology. And Focus seems to be decent publisher and likes to publish these ARPGs.

And I doubt its traditional contract and publisher gets all the rights. I assume Swen wont allow this to happen anymore, so it should be some partnership about investment, marketing and percents of profit.

So… Focus:
- Technomancer (Spiders, 2016)
- Vampyr (Dontnod… ?)
- Mordheim
- ? RPG with Deck13 and Larian

Who said it's a collaboration between Larian and Deck?
They said they work with the two of them that all.
I think deck will use w/e they developed with LoTF and Larian will do
their thing with the dvinity engine.

Who said it's a collaboration between Larian and Deck?
They said they work with the two of them that all.

You know, there was some news posted by Couch. And some info about Larian's new office. And I said "its probable", not that its sure thing. So whats your problem? Maybe you should check all these things again.

You know, there was some news posted by Couch. And some info about Larian's new office. And I said "its probable", not that its sure thing. So whats your problem? Maybe you should check all these things again.
NP mate I just pointed that out.
The other larian studios are for Swen grandiose plan.

Back
Top Bottom