Risen 3: Titan Lords - Enhanced Edition Comes to PS4

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Swiss site GBase let us know that Risen 3 Enhanced Edition will be coming exclusively to PS4 on the 21st of August.

The site is in German, but the details are that they will present it at the Role Playing Convention in Cologne later this month and it is scheduled for release on the 21st of August.

The Extended Edition is the patched version of the game with all additional content, new effects, a new volumetric cloud system and support for the Sony console functions (remote play, Streaming, recording and share play).

More information.

I hope they will retranslate the game into English as well with the Extended Edition, because it was terrible in the vanilla version.

PS4 exclusive?
Angry Joe is most probably superexcited over it.

I say: meh.

That's a surprise. The Steam numbers suggested that R3 was a flop.

That's a surprise. The Steam numbers suggested that R3 was a flop.

But still easy money for Deep Silver, especially if Sony paid them a little extra for (timed?) exclusivity. The port is probably quite low cost (or even pays completely for itself with the exclusive deal) and it should also be fairly low effort due to the x86 nature of current gen consoles.
It's also great practice for PB since DS will surely want PB's next game to be available on Xbone, PS4 and PC on release day. This way PB can familiarize themselves with the whole next gen requirements at least on Sony's side. Maybe even Microsoft's if this is just a timed deal and the Xbone version is to follow later.

I doubt PB is deeply involved into the port. They're busy with the next game. Maybe some consulting, etc. to make sure things are done right.

Ah, another suprise. Thanks for the info.

For the next game, PB PR rep. didn't (want to or was not permitted to) answer if the next game they're currently working on will be published by DS.

According to Rüve they finalized plans for their next project (i.e. what comes after Risen 3) "early last year" (2014). It would be very strange if they would have struck a deal with a different publisher right in the middle of Risen 3 development.
I'd say the likelihood of Deep Silver being the publisher of their next game is 99.99999997%. Give or take a post-decimal nine.

Speaking of their next project..do we know anything about it? It's been a quiet period that's felt longer than those between the Risens.

Yep. Same bullshit procedure as every time. While even big publishers like EA leaked long before any official announcements that a new Dragon Age or a new Mass Effect were in the works, Deep Silver for some reason think they are special and need to enforce a super-strict NDA :rolleyes:.
Jenny Pankratz and Harald Iken are answering questions at the forums several times per week but it's mostly about their past games and them promising to do better in certain areas in their next game and all such blahblah.

The period of silence has not been unusually long though. The first Risen came out in October 2009. Risen 2 was revealed at Gamescom in August 2010 but not officially announced before February 2011. Risen 2 was then released in April 2012. Risen 3 was announced in February 2014 and released in August 2014.
So DS/PB went dark for ten months between Risen 1 and 2 and then for almost two years between Risen 2 and 3.
I believe we might find out what they are working on at Gamescom in August at the earliest.

That depends on PB's PR understanding of the world "soon".
She said a few weeks ago that it'll be revealed soon. Hopefully, that "soon" doesn't mean a few months, but a few weeks.

Yeah she's been saying "soon" since last year...

I might be interested if they ported R1 and R2 using this updated tech - and sold it as a collection.

As it is, though, I just can't see much value in it.

This is going to be destroyed and ridiculed by reviewers.

That doesn't mater if they can make some money since as far as I am aware R3 was already ridiculed and destroyed this anything new won't matter :)

I really enjoyed R3. Surprised by some of the comments here.

Back
Top Bottom