RPGWatch - Tortured Hearts Interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In one of his last interviews for RPGWatch, Couchpotato talks with the developers of the Tortured Hearts NWN mods, and also discusses their commercial game called Tortured Hearts: Or how I saved the Universe. Again.

RPGWatch: How many hours of development time did you put into creating the mods, and did you ever think it wasn't worth it to continue development?

Zoltán: Each mod took about 4000 hours, the second one maybe a bit more. I had some helpers for both and they should be recognized. For Tortured Hearts 1, there was Lenore and about a dozen helpful people who helped me with proofreading. For Tortured Hearts 2 there was a very large contribution to dialog by Jim Grimsley, an American novelist with plenty of books to his credit. It was especially helpful that he knew how to use the Aurora editor so all I had to do was write the scripts for his conversations. He also did quite a bit of proofreading. Other contributors to Tortured Hearts 2 were András Gáspár, a Hungarian sci-fi/fantasy novelist and of course, Lenore again as a proofreader and tester but at that time our relationship turned to friendship and we were already discussing a possible cooperation for a sequel.
On top of this there was the NWN community which shared so many good models and other supplements for all the mods. I did the area creation, scripting and story arrangement.
More information.

In one of his last interviews for RPGWatch, Couchpotato talks with the developers of the Tortured Hearts

SAY WHAT????

This sentence is confusing me. CP is leaving? CP will no longer be doing interviews? The developer will no longer be doing interviews? The developer will no longer be doing interview for RPGWatch?

What have I been missing out on??????

Thanks Archangel

WOW, just scanned the thread. In the space of a few days CP went from part time to mostly leaving. I will miss his posts. And I really liked his willingness to show news items that were related to adventure games and strat games. It might seem silly now in the days when we get great RPGS coming out almost every week. But I really appreciated the posts.

But this is what I get. My daughter's guitar has been staring me in the face since she went off to school. I finally started to pick it up and have been studying and taking a few lessons at the community park. It's really fun but it has come at the expense of gaming and web surfing. Gaming Karma biting me in the ASS.

However, please note - the song I have been practicing for the past 2 months is that song that is played in the tavern in Betrayal At Krondor. I think I am now at the stage where the patrons are giving me a tiny little money and a very, very, very polite applause.

Oh, I was a Tortured Hearts kickstarter funder. Glad to see the developer is still plugging along. . . . just like my guitar playing

Yeah I backed this on kickstarter as well when they launched it years ago. The graphic style looked appealing and it's always nice to have a different take on the hero saves the world stuff. Good luck to the team, this has clearly been a labour of love over many years.
Edit: and yeah, well written interview as well.

Back
Top Bottom