Witcher 3 - Review @ Ausgamers

aries100

SasqWatch
Ausgamers has a review for this game. The score is 10/10.

A quote about the story:

It's a story worthy of a place in the more accepted subculture of dark fantasy ruled across media by Game of Thrones. First-timers will easily love this facet but may also be surprised to learn that this series, and the books it's based upon, have been the at the fore of adult and mature storytelling for a long time. Wild Hunt is both at times brutal and sexy, with a juxtaposition of hard-edged steel (or silver), blood and death being met with soft, naked skin; passion, lust and even love.
Ausgamers mentions that one of the things they liked in this game are boats.

More information.

What are you talking about? I could only find an "it's" instead of "its" in the second sentence. The rest looked fine.

Arguably some clumsy word choice, but the use of "it's" in the second sentence is actually correct.

Arguably some clumsy word choice, but the use of "it's" in the second sentence is actually correct.

the reviewer said:
It’s sheer scale and absolution in content, alongside its surprisingly strong narrative — both in the main quest lines, and the peripheral ones around them — is delivered with a maturity rarely ever seen in games of this scope.

No, I don't think so. It's the "is delivered" part in the second part of the sentence that makes the "Its sheer scale and absolution in content, …" the subject instead of just "It". Correct would be "It's sheer scale and absolution, … — delivered with a …"

Sorry, I care about language a bit too much. :)

No, I don't think so. It's the "is delivered" part in the second part of the sentence that makes the "Its sheer scale and absolution in content, …" the subject instead of just "It". Correct would be "It's sheer scale and absolution, … — delivered with a …"

Sorry, I care about language a bit too much. :)

My mistake. I thought you were referring to the second sentence of the quote above: "...the books it's based upon..." Also a fan of the English language, though you might not know it from my posts here. :)

Back
Top Bottom