BioWare - Casey Hudson to augment reality for Microsoft

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Casey Hudson made his name at Bioware as the -- somewhat polarizing -- director of Mass Effect 3. He left the studio in August of last year and Kotaku now reports that he's found a new gig as creative director for Microsoft.

His main focus is going to be on Microsoft’s augmented reality headset, the HoloLens. “I am extremely passionate about the potential of this kind of technology, as anyone who’s talked with me over the last couple of years can attest,” Hudson said in a press release. “I feel that the work being done at Microsoft on mixed reality and holographic computing will have a tremendous impact on how all of us interact with technology in the coming years.”

HoloLens won’t be his only focus. Hudson will be “involved in driving a creative focus for Xbox and Windows gaming” too.

Inevitably, among the first comments on the article was one asking whether HoloLens could be used to apply three different color filters to otherwise identical content.

More information.

Casey Hudson made his name at Bioware as the — somewhat polarizing — director of Mass Effect 3.

He made his name as the director for Knights of the Old Republic, people just were not into the WWW* of gaming back then.

*Who's, What, Where

I doubt we'll se much of any practical use based on this technology for several years.

Microsoft business practices are already an augmented reality....

Back
Top Bottom