KotOR 2 - Confirmed For Mobile

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Sorry guys, I'm posting about a phone game. But, it's from Obsidian though! Touch Arcade reveals:

It looks like we're getting a mobile port of the second Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game. Aspyr Media got an ESRB rating for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, which mentions Linux, Macintosh, and mobile. Aspyr published the first KOTOR for mobile and Mac, now it looks like they're bringing the sequel to mobile as well – or at least are prepared to do so. KOTOR 2 never came out for Mac, and since KOTOR 1 has seemingly done well enough on iOS, it's not a surprise to see KOTOR 2 coming to iOS.
More information.

Wait. Let me vomit real quick so joxer doesn't have to! :biggrin:

I am a bit sad about KOTOR 1 for my Android tablet though... works perfectly except all the characters have no textures. After contacting support they told me that they only support from 4.3 whereas I have 4.2.2. Unfortunately Lenovo don't upgrade their devices. But I'll keep it for when I upgrade my tablet one day... :)

Weird. And sad. Sad not because of the mobile stigma, but because, instead of giving this title the once-over to do the ending justice, some cash grab company is simply looking to make a quick buck and publish it as-is.

Oh well, I'll stick w/ my PC copy + community patch.

I feel a great disturbance in the force. Oh wait, my phone just needs recharging…

Perhaps if it sells well enough then Disney will be incentivized to allow us a KotOR 3? One can only hope.

i actually liked Kotor1 on my ipad, brought back a lot of good memories.

i'll buy kotor2 for my ipad for sure!

( don't hate me for it Joxer) ;)

Android also?

I got KOTOR1 for my Galaxy tab a while back, but haven't tried it yet.

Droid planet killed my interest in ever replaying this with all content, I fear :)

I wish they would remaster the first 2 games and package them together like Gearbox did with the Homeworld games.
with the new movie coming and the renewed interest in Star Wars it should make sense.

All these mobile ports don't interest me at all.

KotOR 2 was for me THE most disappointing, horrible, horrible mess and letdown. I still clearly remember the (eerie at first) point when the game's content starts breaking down from being rather good (though it didn't capture me like KotOR 1, mainly because of the more muddied writing and the in-your-face companion-influence-tweaking), and the sad, sad ending planet.

I haven't played it with the community patch, not sure it's enough. Would indeed be great as Drithius said if the game was revisited by Obsidian and made as intended, but not gonna' happen :(

I have nothing against ports to other platforms if they don't influence the PC version negatively, but this broken game will just frustrate mobile gamers if it is left unfixed.

Despite all the disappointment in the game. I'm still looking forward to playing it on my Idevice. Thanks for update.

Back
Top Bottom