The Bard's Tale IV - Rampant Coyote's Thoughts

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Rampant Coyote shares his thoughts and opinions on the announcement of The Bards Tale IV going to Kickstarter and into development.

It was a reasonably big deal for me. I was still waiting for a port of the Wizardry series for my Commodore 64, and instead here comes what was arguably its successor, sporting much better graphics, animated enemy portraits… wow! As a result, when Wizardry finally made it to the C-64, it was kind of a non-event for me. I was too busy playing Bard’s Tale 1 and 2, or Ultima IV.

Although – I never played The Bard’s Tale III. So jumping straight to IV? I guess I’ll risk it. I’m not positive I really want to play the third one. I did play The Bard’s Tale Construction Set (even made a complete dungeon!), and I remember reading a Bard’s Tale book written (or co-written) by Mercedes Lacky. Sorry, I couldn’t tell you if it was any good or not. It has been a long time.

All I can say is… this looks right up my alley. Speaking as a guy who is involved (on a MUCH lower budget) in this modern revival of classic old-time CRPG gameplay, as much as it intimidates the living hell outta me, I’m excited.
His article also links to the proposed backer levels.

More information.

Hehehe....that Guilt Absolution backer level.....:lol:

I think Shards of Virtue also did that. Probably not the first.

Back
Top Bottom