Legends of Eisenwald - Update & Preview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
In their last update Aterdux talked about character personalization:
How should it be done?
One of the interesting features of the next patch will be personalization. Each peasant, cleric or mercenary that you can hire will have its own name and special attributes. And, if the change in attributes is really significant, this unusual character will have a corresponding nickname in addition. In case, if someone will not like this randomization, there will be an option to turn it off.

Please let us know, how would you like to see personalization of characters in Legends of Eisenwald? We can’t promise that we will implement all of your ideas but we are surely curious to hear what you think.
Naomi Brown (Gaming Excellence) has written a preview - a snippet:
Legends of Eisenwald is an upcoming medieval based RPG with a few unique features that set it apart from other RPG's. To start with, you choose a hero, or Legend that you play as your main character. This person changes the main story a little and how other characters interact with you. They also change what abilities you have as a main character, whether you're a fighter, mage or archer. Once you've selected them you begin the main story and get to progress through the game.

The game has you completing regular RPG type missions; get the quest, go complete it, get reward. What's different about Legends of Eisenwald is how you go about completing the quests. You have a mini army of followers and mercenaries you bring around with you to complete these missions. Followers are people that you've picked up along the way and mercenaries are as advertised; people you pay daily. You have to pay an initial cost to pick up both. Once you have them, you can use their talents, either as brute muscle or as healers and support.
More information.

Seems like it has been in EA for years. Combat rules seem intersting.

I'm waiting for reviews of the release version for this one before I pull the trigger. Definitely want to try it, but can't make up my mind yet, if it is worth an EA or day 1 buy.

It is in my steam library, just waiting to be released. Didnt try it, but I am sure it wont dissapoint!

I really did like this game. I played a little bit last summer but I stopped when I encoutered bugs that made progression impossible. They did change some things since then so I think this will be a hell of a strategy game. I can't wait until it is released….

We are in EA since October 2013. Yes, it's quite a bit but some games are even longer there. But July 2nd is not that far away anymore :)

July 2, eh? Congratulations. I look forward to playing the finished product. It looked interesting when I tried it, but that was a very early Kickstarter beta, I think. Long time ago.

The game is much better now. We even managed to do some optimization. I feel pretty good about English and Russian versions - proofread and tested many times, also, when other translators worked on the text, some more bugs in English were fixed. We also will upgrade our graphics in a significant way. So, mark July 2nd on your calendars, it should be fun. Three months are enough to finish at least once Pillars of Eternity :)

Back
Top Bottom