Frayed Knights - Review @SteamFirst

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Steam1st reviews Rampant Games' Frayed Knights:

Frayed Knights is basically an homage to older first person RPGs like Eye of the Beholder but with a much lighter tone and greater emphasis on humor. The music is typical of what you would expect for this type of game. The dialog is entirely text with no voice acting and that may be a deterrent for some but I prefer it this way. It helps with the old school feel the game is going for, and there are lot of voiced acted RPGs I have played where I would have preferred if I could just imagine how the conversations sound in my head. If only the makers of Final Fantasy X kept that in mind. Graphically, and I mean this in a good way. the game looks like something from the early days of Playstation 2. This game is a lot of fun with its classic feel of the older computer RPGs except it takes itself less seriously. Anyone who enjoys first person RPGs with a sense of humor should check out this game.
More information.

Eye of beholder is a very different game from Frayed Knights. It is more like wizardry.

As for Frayed Knights it very good game. If you like those kind of games, it is a must play.

I really enjoyed Frayed Knights, sure the graphics are terrible, but if you can look past that it's good. It had some very clever features. (like the stars)

Daniel.

Frayed Knights is excellent, played it through twice so far and I'll be in line for the sequel when it is released. If you enjoy old school games, you will not be disappointed with this one, folks.

Back
Top Bottom