Lords of the Fallen 2 - Coming in 2017

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Eurogamer asked CI Games about Lords of the Fallen 2:

Lords of the Fallen 2 won't be released until 2017, and German developer Deck 13 - co-developer of the original - will not be involved.

CI Games boss Marek Tyminski also told me at Digital Dragons in Poland that sales of Lords of the Fallen 1 had passed 900,000.

"It's doing fine," he said of the original game, which launched in October 2014. "We are over 900,000 units. Not yet 1m but we are approaching that. And definitely it's a good start for the new IP. Definitely we can say that Lords of the Fallen 1 proved the IP made sense."

A sequel has already been confirmed, and will be developed in the same way as the first - with the one notable exception: no Deck 13.
Thanks Couch!

More information.

I put about 10 hours into Lords of the Fallen but I lost interest.

I beat it ( the first game) twice and thought about a 3rd playthrough but time and the witcher 3 will probably prohibit me from doing so.

Meh. Beat it once, started again and lost interest. Then Bloodborne came. Won't be going back.

I put about 10 hours into Lords of the Fallen but I lost interest.

As a Dark Souls fan and prospective buyer once Lords of the Fallen gets a little cheaper, I'm curious - what was it about the game that made you lose interest? Or did the natural modern curse of every PC gamer strike in that something else came along to distract you?

I recall Saki below having some praise for the game in that it apparently compares reasonably favorably to DS game-play. If any other veteran Dark Souls fans would care comment or make recommendations, that would be most welcome.

I'm curious - what was it about the game that made you lose interest? Or did the natural modern curse of every PC gamer strike in that something else came along to distract you?

It was a collection of small, very subjective things. I wasn't a fan of the art direction. I didn't particularly like the 'crystal' zones. killing certain enemies seemed to take forever. Fighting bosses had a very slow feel to it... imagine fighting The Pursuer from Dark Souls 2, but slow everything down by half.

And yes, I still had Might & Magic X tugging at my toes and I installed it and got hooked by its exploration and character building.

Everyone knows how much I hate grinders.
Will never buy LotF, not because of it's style, but from what I've read, noone wrote a single thing about that game that would make me even a bit interested into it.
LotF 2 however might go different direction. Will wait and see. Perhaps buy.

Some could find this interesting, I'm already on the edge of my seat:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...xec-producer-tomasz-gop-and-changes-direction

Lords of the Fallen 2 has changed creative course and in the process shed executive producer Tomasz Gop. He announced his departure on Facebook and discussed it more in an email exchange with me this morning.

Over email, Gop said: "I want to respect CI's will to keep that [the reasons for their parting] between me and them. I wanted all the best for Lords but there's going to be someone else leading the project and we'll see if it will make it more successful than I could.
Remember, after his departure, QTEfest TW2 evolved into noQTE TW3.

If history repeats, and it usually does, maybe DSclone LotF turns into noDS LotF 2?
Dunno about you, but the game I couldn't care less till a minute ago, I'm now totally interested into Lords of the Fallen 2.

Back
Top Bottom