Telepath Tactics - Patch 1.036

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new patch for Telepatch Tactics is out, bringing it to version 1.036.

All right, everyone! I’ve got a handful of new fixes and improvements coming your way:

• to improve performance, the game now automatically removes all listeners from all characters and objects on the battlefield at the start of a CPU player’s turn. (It returns them to the battlefield whenever a human player’s turn arrives.) This should address the absurd amount of processor time AIR was devoting to “button hittesting” in my last performance test.
  • fixed a bug in which the the game would freeze at the conclusion of Annel Stormhunter’s goodbye speech.
  • suspicious that array entanglement may have been occurring during the game saving process (and thereby leading to inventory bugs), I created a new copyArray() function to automatically detect how many dimensions an array contains, break down the array down into its smallest component parts, and then push those parts to a new array with the same number of dimensions and return the new array. I then deployed this function as part of a new class that I’m using going forward for all array copying performed as part of game-saving and inventory-building functions.
  • fixed a bug in which character portraits would sometimes get mixed up when swapping deployment tiles around a lot.
  • fixed that annoying bug where you inexplicably couldn’t drag a character out of the Characters in Reserve window onto certain deployment tiles on the battlefield.
  • fixed an issue where hit detection was slightly off for deployment tiles dragged out of the Characters in Reserve window and onto the battlefield.
  • fixed a bug in which non-equippable “triggered” items with no use limit would visibly show their uses left degrading into the negatives instead of just remaining at 0 when used in a character’s inventory.
  • fixed a bug in which a key with no use limit would visibly show uses left degrading into the negatives instead of just remaining at 0 after being used to unlock doors.
  • fixed a bug in which the GiveItem script action would not “stick” if a character’s personal inventory screen was open at the time the script action was run.
I’ve been experimenting with switching over from .sol-based save games to a custom save format. I’ve made progress, but it isn’t working just yet. More to come in the next update!
More information.

suspicious that array entanglement may have been occurring during the game saving process (and thereby leading to inventory bugs), I created a new copyArray() function …

So… are the inventory bugs fixed then? I had to set the game aside after an hour because my equipped items were just vanishing whenever I reloaded.

The language of this part of the patch notes is awfully ambiguous.

Back
Top Bottom