Original Sin EE - Porting Done Right

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
HardcoreGamer feels that the way Larian Studios is porting Divinity Original Sin to the console is how it should be done.

Overall, despite the learning curve and arguable setbacks their uncompromising console port entails, Larian Studios has done a great job so far bringing a classical PC-style RPG to the console. In fact, after my time with the game, I would say I almost prefer playing with a controller. Sure, some things get longer to navigate to but when it works, it works well. Many controls are still up in the air too, so some problem controls may not be set in stone just yet. Touting much more content and a new ending, Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition is looking great and better in nearly all ways than the original. I look forward to sinking just as much time, if not more, into it as I did with the old version when Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition comes out for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC/Mac/Linux later this year.
More information.

I look forward to
I also look forward to see how inventory system has to be dumbed down to work on dumb gadgets. :D

I also look forward to see how inventory system has to be dumbed down to work on dumb gadgets. :D

If they toned down the needlessly convoluted and unbalanced crafting (one of the big design crimes of DOS) to make it more controller friendly I wouldn't have a problem with that

Back
Top Bottom