Interstellaria - Explore Space in July

Arhu

Two Sides
Staff Member
Administrator
Cold Rice Games' open world planet and space exploration sim/adventure/RPG Interstellaria is coming out on July 17th.

bpWut57.png
zufsyUY.png
Ai7v5TB.png
M4Fx22i.png

Interstellaria is a 2d space SIM/RPG/Sandbox game created in the same vein as the engaging space exploration games of the past. Inspired heavily by games like Starflight, Interstellaria is all about allowing the player to find their own adventure. Every star has something interesting to see, and every planet has it’s own unique feel. There are a number of unique encounters and hostile enemies to find. As captain, you are tasked with building your empire through diplomacy, trade, or force.
The game was funded via Kickstarter in December 2013 and will be released on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux. Here's the launch trailer:

More information.

This game sounds very interesting. Like an expanded version of FTL.

Looks like something to keep an eye on. Had a hankering for a space trading game, and the FTL-esque aspects makes this look all the more interesting.

Looks interesting and I like the humor.

The platformer parts are not my thing though.

Inspirations, besides FTL, were also drawn from Starflight, megaman, metroid… and the Sims, apparently. As in, you can dress your starships or something along those lines. ^^

The platformer parts are not my thing though.
I was wondering about that. In the footage I've seen it looked like you clicked somewhere and your guys would jump and run there on their own. Not sure.

The trailer was fun though and piqued my interest. Lots of references to other Sci-Fi shows.

BTW, there is a somewhat similar game coming out Mid July which is also available in Early Access on Steam right now called Cosmo Nautica. Already bought it, but didn't play it yet:

Interesting. I saw that one described as a cross between FTL/Interstellaria and The Sims. Going to put both on my wishlist I guess.

… and then there's also Star Traders 2 RPG, coming in September 2015.

Interesting. I saw that one described as a cross between FTL/Interstellaria and The Sims. Going to put both on my wishlist I guess.

… and then there's also Star Traders 2 RPG, coming in September 2015.

Backed this Startraders 2

This game though looks funny as hell.

"Halt, you're under arrest! Prepare to be killed!"
— 1. "Arrested or Killed?"
— 2. "Charge Weapons"

Hehe.

… and then there's also Into the Stars, a flashier FTL according to PCGamer. Currently in Early Access.

I didn't realize there were so many FTL-like games coming up. Did FTL spawn a new roguelike subgenre or did I simply not notice before? Truth be told, I never really played roguelikes before FTL…

So many FTL games lol. I didn't like or play FTL because it was too simple for my likes. This is why Interstellaria looks more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom