Ruzar: The Life Stone - A Fluent First Look Video

D

Deleted User

Hi everyone!
smiley-smile.gif

In this exciting preview video I take a look at the new indie dungeon-crawl RPG, Ruzar: The Life Stone!

In the video I show off the options menu, character creation and a bit of the delicious dungeon-diving itself! Fun stuff!

Hello! In this exciting video I check out the indie dungeon-crawl RPG, Ruzar: The Life Stone!

Ruzar: The Life Stone is an indie RPG by the developer, Hammer Glass Studio. It features old-school dungeon-crawling adventure, with everything you've come to expect from a REAL RPG! That means plenty of stats, loot, leveling up, exploration and more!

The game features a slick interface, smooth controls, fun and exciting combat and a challenge that resonates with the old-school RPG nerd inside of us all! It is pretty to look at, too! =)

If you are interested in checking out the game on Steam, check out this link. - http://store.steampowered.com/app/366510/
Enjoy!
smiley-cool.gif

More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have corrected the original newsbit.

Last edited:
As soon as I saw LoG dancing around combat I quit watching..

I did try LoG1 for 2 hours. I hated real time combat in it. This game has the same one.

Nope. :D

Thanks!

You should give it a try, because it's actually quite fun. I didn't think I would like real-time combat in a game like this, but it's not bad.

It does really look like a single character Legend of Grimrock. Since I liked LoG, I may eventually give it a try. I'll have to see what the reviews look like. I prefer turn based or real time/pause combat, but if the game is well done, I'll give it a try.

It's still an alpha version and in Early Access, so it's too soon to say how good the game will be.

Thus far? It's an entertaining dungeon-crawler, for sure. I enjoy the combat, although I hope it is tweaked to make things more difficult. Once you pick up a few tricks, it seems very easy to defeat most enemies. I assume this will be changed, though.

Other than that, it's shaping up really nicely. It's got a nice dungeon to explore, secrets, puzzles, lots of loot, a full inventory / paper doll mechanic, magic, fun combat, character stats and stats on equipment and even a bestiary that reveals information about the enemies you are fighting. The more you fight them, the more information you see in the bestiary. Nice stuff.

It's also got great sound effects and a good ambiance and atmosphere. I enjoyed exploring and there is a feeling of tension when you hear an enemy off in the distance. Pretty creepy, actually.

I think there will be a freeze-to-death mechanic implemented later, but I can't be sure. But basically, the longer you are away from a campfire, the more your screen clouds up with frost around the edges. I'm not sure what exactly that is about, but I imagine it has something to do with freezing to death, or perhaps losing attribute points the colder you are. Not sure.

Overall, though, it's a fun little game, for sure. I've only played a few hours but I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys dungeon-crawlers. If you enjoyed Grimrock, chances are you will like this one, too.

Just bumping a bit for anyone who missed this. Fun little dungeon-crawl RPG here! =)

Back
Top Bottom