Witcher 3 - Triss Romance Will Be Modified

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
CM Marcin Momot posted in the CD Project forums that CDPR is going to re-work the Triss content in The Witcher 3 based on the user feedback in this 900+ pages long thread.

Just to let everyone know. We pay very close attention to everything you guys write in this thread. We will be addressing this situation by adding/changing some dialogue stuff in the future - more info on this will come later so pardon my scarce input for the time being. This should help with the immersion. And once again, thank you all for your valuable feedback.
And when asked about new content:

I wouldn't go as far as calling it new content. We will be implementing small additions and tweaks in character dialogues that should please many folks in this thread. :)
More information.

Hope they make it a bit better. But, in my case it will be until next playtrough...the chance of romancing with Triss has sailed away with her. :)

...not that I care that much for romance in a game, but Triss is so cute and sexy.

Another reason to replay the game, good.
My first run was juggling both Yen and Triss. Since they'll change this, hell no way I won't take only Triss next time. :D

In retrospect I really wish TW3 allowed for more Triss/Yen juggling. In my playthroughs, the game seemed pretty Yen-centric (although I saw a survey somewhere that showed players preferring Yen by only a slight margin of around 4-5% as I recall).

But that 900 page page Triss-lamenting thread is really something.

It's refreshing that CDPR wants to try to address player concerns rather than spending all of their efforts defending their original decisions and 'artistic integrity'.

__

Some LGTB nonsense I presume?

Don't think so.
The changes are on Triss, not on Ciri.

The Polish are fervently Catholic, so I don't think they're as vulnerable to such nonsense as Western studios.

Bah. I'd say yes to any nonsense as long as it's not RELIGIOUS nonsense.
Cut the religion, politics and censorship out of my games.

TW3 is based on certain books. If someone thinks CDprojekt will add something that is totally different from books, or cut out critical moments, forgeddit. CDprojekt is not Peter Jackson.

The Polish are fervently Catholic, so I don't think they're as vulnerable to such nonsense as Western studios.

You can't imagine how amusing that comment of yours is considering what is in the novels.

HHR hasn't read the books or played the game but don't think he isn't an religious expert about them.

Nope…probably some bit of dialogue added between Triss and the big man himself, I wouldn't get your hopes too high.
It's great Reds are doing this, but they may end up pushing themselves into corner with this…with fan base demanding more and more after this.
I for one, am starting a petition to bring back BDSM romance with the Crones in the game and if any of you guys could sign it, it would simply be wonderful:p.
Here is the link….http://www.BringbackCronesRomance.com/

Last edited:
Will the changes allow the player to have both ladies without losing them? Is that what the community is asking for? I haven't gotten that far myself yet.

For the purists out there; the following discussion has SPOILER content. Proceed at your own risk.

A listing of many "Triss content" complaints can be found at the CDPR forums here.

Basically the big issue seems to be that the Triss romance and consequences were given "short shrift" treatment as compared to a Yen romance and consequences. In essence, the "Triss Lovers" see TW3 providing a greater acknowledgement and emotional return in response to a Yen romance choice as compared to a Triss romance choice.

Obviously it's not possible to accurately sum up 900+ pages of comments in a few sentences.

From my standpoint I'd say that Yen probably did get more emphasis in the game than Triss. But given all of the other great stuff TW3 has to offer, it's just a minor issue to me.

__

TW3 is based on certain books. If someone thinks CDprojekt will add something that is totally different from books, or cut out critical moments, forgeddit. CDprojekt is not Peter Jackson.
In the books Ciri had a female lover for months btw.

I already posted that "romance" changes are not about Ciri.

Damn... I was hoping for Polish language replay right after 1.7 patch will go live but now I'll have to wait longer...

You can't imagine how amusing that comment of yours is considering what is in the novels.

Authors are generally far more "progressive" to begin with, it takes someone out of the norm to write a fantasy book pretty much. CDProjekt has to be faithful to the content and themes of the books, and while they enjoy games like we do, the average CDProjekt employee is like the average Polish young man in his mid to late twenties, that is, a married or engaged practicing Catholic who attends mass every Sunday morning, and has far more traditional values than the average San Francisco hipster who lives on Tumblr. If I hadn't found a traditional Catholic wife here I would've probably gone to Poland to find one.

So far CDProjekt has only caved in to their customers, not to supposedly "progressive" voices.

I can't speak for how it affects the story, but it seems it is more of the same. There's a marked difference between listening to your customers, which is sensible, and caving in to pressure, which is cowardly.

That's a lot of biased assumptions on behavior of people, I'm pretty damn sure, you've never met or communicated with, even once in your life.

Back
Top Bottom