Battle Brothers - Named Items

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The most recent update for Battle Brothers adds named items with unique looks and randomized stats as rare loot for the most powerful opponents. In addition some bugs are fixed and balancing issues solved.

As we see it, there are two problems with the item progression currently. Firstly, the player very quickly skips the lower tiers of weapons after just the first few battles because higher tier weapons generally drop as loot and are widely available for reasonable prices. And because mid to high tier equipment is available so soon, there is also little to buy or save for later in the game. This will be addressed with the next big update. Secondly, although the selection of weapons, shields and armor is ever-increasing, there is a distinct lack of reward when prevailing against the strongest of opponents, and little excitement in the looting phase after battle. This update aims to address this.

The strongest opponents now have a small chance to both use and drop as loot named weapons and shields that offer some advantages over their nameless counterparts and come with looks of their own. Their stats are slightly randomized to excel in different areas and some of them are plain better than others. To be clear, named items are not the legendary items we plan on adding eventually – they’re just very well crafted weapons and shields and should make looting in the game a bit more interesting for now, as well as allow you to customize your brothers better with their unique look.
They are also loking for a sound designer:

Going forward we’re looking for a dedicated hobbyist or professional sound designer to join us in making the game come alive. Your responsibilities would include designing the sound effects for various fantasy creatures, general battle sounds, footsteps, ambient noise and user interface sounds. If you’re a fan of Battle Brothers and would love to work on the game yourself, read our full job posting and apply at contact@overhypestudios.com!
More information.

Sounds like a nice update. I'm waiting for story mode/campaign before diving in again, though. Keep it up lads!

:smitten: Battle Brothers. But I'm also waiting for the story or completion of the game. Not sure how much of a risk it is, but I don't want to get too good at the game too early. :p The struggle is half the fun, and I'd rather have my fun with a finished game.

:Not sure how much of a risk it is, but I don't want to get too good at the game too early. :p The struggle is half the fun, and I'd rather have my fun with a finished game.
With you 150% (except the part about getting too good, that's never a problem for me). I played 30 or 40 hours, but now I'm waiting for the final release. I'm sure there are going to be a LOT of surprises by then, including the Goblin faction of course.
:)

Back
Top Bottom