Pirates War - The Dice King - New Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A new Kickstarter that sounds like major fun has just started:
Pirates War is a digital board game. Become a pirate captain, win against others, and become the Dice King! Play, Pillage & Plunder!!!
In Pirates War – The Dice King, you are a pirate captain competing with others. Like other “property trading board” game, you can buy land, build buildings, upgrade them and in the end the richest person will win each match. However, you don’t have to just ‘talk with money,’ you can battle with one another and as a captain, you and your crew will have great effect on the battle ground. By setting up strategy and with luck your dice, anyone can become the Dice King.

More information.

I'd really love having more board games in digital format, specially something that you can play with your frieds from the distance, and they seem to have a great theme (well, bluntly copied from Monkey Island for some part, as some of the screens are shouting "melee island" from a mile).

BUT. The information about the game itself and the kickstarter rewards is quite poor. For a start, I don't know if this will be a kind of monopoly / Mario party soft kind of game or there's any depth to the mechanics. Also, at which level are you supposed to get the game? 5$ gives you access to beta but, does it means you'll get the game too? Seems quite low to be truth.

On the other hand, seems like for having the whole game you need to pay at least 40 bucks (buccaneer set 3 whith 3 captains and 15 crew members) which is quite a high entry point for a digital version, and worse, it suggests a business model that will expand on the sets, players being as good as the sets they have, meaning the money they pay.

So, all in all, unless i get more information clearing out these concerns I'll really pass.

Back
Top Bottom