KotOR 2 - New Official Patch

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Yes, you heard right - there is a new patch out for KotOR 2:

Introducing and updated KOTOR II for Mac, Linux, and Windows!!!

Aspyr in partnership with Disney/Lucas is proud to announce STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms.

New features include:
  • 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
  • Steam Cloud saves
  • Native widescreen resolution support
  • Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
  • Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation 3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
  • Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day
Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)

Chime in here with your thoughts on the update! I will be starting seperate forums for both Technical Support and Workshop Mods shortly.

Why did we do this? Because we LOVE KOTOR 2. But lets all remember what love truly is...Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

More information.

These games (KOTOR I & II) were the ones I most missed in the last GOG summer sale!

And now they rolled TSLRCM into the Steam version of KOTOR II... almost grabbing it...

Did Disney go crazy, did I go crazy or this smells like a plan on Kotor3?

Great. Hi-res support is welcome.

Now if we could just get a frickin' RDR port to the PC.

Did Disney go crazy, did I go crazy or this smells like a plan on Kotor3?

Joxer,

I never had thought of this before. They recently released Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Episode VII is about to be aired (december/2015)… maybe you're right, who knows !!

I never played KOTOR games, is there a room (aka cliffhanger) for a third one ?

Last edited:
There is. Apparently they did reveal something in EA's MMO, but I don't care, I want the story closed in a proper singleplayer.

And that, folks, is why you document your code! I'm impressed they were able to get this done.
wut? achievements? no bug fixes?
Some kindly modder already did it form them... hence the Steam Workshop support.

wut? achievements? no bug fixes?

You expect bug fixes for a 10 year old game? Besides, there weren't a lot of bugs, and the game already got a patch after release. The real problem was the half baked unfinished ending.

Not entitled feeling, are you?

Have they done a similar patch for the first KoTOR (i.e. widescreen support)?

This is very strange, It is a 10 years old game...

I will have to play this again to check out the restored content. I wanted to try it a year ago, but there is a bug with the original preventing me to start the game. I knew I had a fix years ago, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was. Hope the Steam version fixes it!

You expect bug fixes for a 10 year old game? Besides, there weren't a lot of bugs, and the game already got a patch after release. The real problem was the half baked unfinished ending.

Not entitled feeling, are you?

For a game I doubt I will ever play again, no...

They are now waiting for some other kind modders to release the K1R Restoration Mod for the original KOTOR:)

But being serious, i hope that there will be the same treatment for KOTOR 1 and that they will add the K1R restoration mod to it.

Here is a link for K1R in case that you've missed the fact that it was in works:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/forum/31-kotor1-restoration-k1r/

Download link for K1R:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/558-kotor-1-restoration/

There are some bugs, but now that the mod is released and people can playtest it, those will be squashed fast.

And strange no news on the RPG Watch about the most important mod made for Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic:(

It seems now I need to buy this Steam version of Kotor 2 and play it again :)
I never tried it with mods.

Awesome! Already own it, but restarted last night ... for the first time ever on the Mac! :)

If not a sequel, perhaps they were messing around with the game while working on a mobile version. KotOR 1 was rather successful, I believe, on iOS and Android.

Last edited:
Well, this was unexpected. I have it on disc, one of which I can't find, so I really don't mind purchasing this again.

If not a sequel, perhaps they were messing around with the game while working on a mobile version. KotOR 1 was rather successful, I believe, on iOS and Android.

Related to this there is a mini-poll on Aspyr to express your interest in the iOS/Android version of KotOR 2 ... so I would say it is pretty much guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom